Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bostoned

New entry rug

bostoned
9 years ago

It's funny how, if given enough time, you can get used to anything. When I first moved into my home, the previous owner left a dingy, green bath mat behind in the entry way to protect the tile I imagine during their moving out and our moving in. I didn't have anything to replace it with at the time and needed something for people to wipe their feet on so I kept it, with plans of replacing it when I found something I liked. Fast forward nine years, and the dingy, green bath mat is still there gracing the entry. Every once in a while, I'd remember how ugly it is and that I needed to replace it.

Throughout this time, I have looked on and off and have even bought a couple of replacements that I ended up not liking. Well in my most recent search I found one online. It's a 3X5 wool rug from Safavieh. I chose this particular rug because of the grey color, thinking it would blend well with the grey undertone in my stair runner. Anyone who's ever ordered a rug (amongst other things) online goes into it knowing it may not look exactly as expected. The rug arrived a few days after placing my order (free shipping!).

After removing the bathmat from the spot where it resided far longer than it should have, I placed the new rug down. I stood on it and was happy that it was a nice, plush wool pile. I opened and closed the front door and it cleared the rug just fine. I walked up the steps to look at it from a distance...and realized I wasn't sold on the grey. I'm usually attracted to warm tones, and grey is not a color that I'd usually go with. I went to the website where I bought the rug, and re-read the return policy. Fortunately I have 30 days to decide if I like it or not.

I have lived with it a few days now and I think it's an attractive, well made rug but again, I'm not totally sold on the grey. Can you help me out and offer your opinion on how you think it looks in the entry and if you think it works well with the runner.

Much appreciated - eroz

This post was edited by eroz on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 5:28

Comments (3)