Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zelari

How to decorate around a wood stove?

zelari
14 years ago

Hi :)

We will be closing on our new house the first week of May and in the meantime I have been planning all of my decorating so we can get started right away when we move in.

This room of the house was set up as a dining room, but we are going to make this our living room. Next year we are going to be doing an addition and some remodeling and it will open up the living room, dining room and kitchen all into one big space but until then, this is what we have for living room.

If you look at the layout that I've done, the front door is at the bottom right (just shows a wall there now) entering from the same wall that the larger sectional piece is on. Of course we will have the sectional and ottoman, tv against opposite wall and on the far right wall, you can see where the wood stove is located. If you look at the realtor photo, you can see that there are two long skinny windows on either side. The floor will be trafficmaster allure hickory and we have not yet decided on the wall color.

I have been a city girl all of my life and we are moving to the country so these wood stoves are all new to me. I have never used one, don't really particularly like them, but for now it is staying.

So any ideas of what I can do to dress it up a bit? My style is a mix of bohemian chic with a touch of shabby but really I'm mostly eclectic and like a mix of all styles so I am very open to suggestions.

Thank you!!

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)