Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a Light Fixture like this!

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 17:21

This is our inspiration dining room. I think we can achieve the look in our dining room once we get rid of the awful wallpaper, but we're unsure what to do about lighting.

We have a fairly limited budget for a fixture - prefer under $500, well under would be great!

Love the one in this pic, any ideas to get a similar look on a limited budget?

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a Light Fixture like this!

Here are some similar pinned for you. Also check out shades of light... http://www.shadesoflight.com/lighting/chandeliers/shade-chandeliers/

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest let there be light

o
Amazon

Similar from amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

o

Thank you so much!! The Amazon one looks really close although it's a bit more than we'd like to spend. It's so close we might just have to spring for it.

Thanks again!!

o

google that chandy and you will find it for less...

o

Good idea - will do!

o

Check out the link below for the light at $592. The silver/gold finish is about $50 more expensive than the black wrought iron. It's a better price than Amazon, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Light you are looking for

o

I have that same fixture. I love it! It looks even better in person. Below is a link so at least you have the name/model number. You can search to find it at a lower price. I bought mine for less than $400 from Joss and Main a couple months ago. I've seen it on there since then so if you have time, you could wait and try to find it at a lower price. I have to say though, it makes our room and after spending a lot of money (to me) redecorating our living room and dining room, it's the one thing that gets complimented the most.

http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/troy-f1285sg-sausalito-five-light-drum-pendant-189578.htm

Good luck!

o

hobokenkitchen: LOVE your inspiration photo. Do you have any idea of the paint colors??

o

ratherbe, I LOVE this room, too -- and I had also saved it from houzz as my dining room inspiration. The designer says the paint is Gray Moire from Pratt and Lambert. It looks a lot like BM Revere Pewter to me.

hokenboken, glad you posted because we would love that light fixture also.

o

Take a look at this pendant. You could paint the black sections in gold.

Here is a link that might be useful: overstock

o

Wow, thanks folks!
Kellyh I can't believe you have this exact fixture and you paid less than $400. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could find it at that price!
We're not in a huge rush though, so I'll definitely keep looking for it!

kswl; thanks for that - it's the cheapest I've seen it so far... hope I can find it for even less though. It's a bit pricey!

hopmom, thanks for the paint color - I was wondering about that too!

We saw a (much) cheaper fixture today at Home Depot of all places which is nice too, but a different color and not the same impact as the inspiration pic.... but it's MUCH cheaper! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also like this one which I saw at Fergusons - closer to what we are looking for and just under $400;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Decisions, decisions. : )

o

Hi-
It is on joss & Main today actually, but it is a bit more than the $400 kellyh bought it for. I think it said $651 so seems that the other sites might be a tad cheaper. It is a gorgeous fixture!!! Good luck!

o

Hobokenkitchen, I'll bet you could spray that Home Depot fixture silver and use gold rub 'n buff on strategic areas and match the color of the more expensive fixture.....something to consider. If it didn't look great you could paint it black again.

o

I know I've seen this lamp in the larger size at Lowes...I don't know why it isn't showing up at the website.
But, if I am mistaken, could you use 2 of these over your table?

Sea

Here is a link that might be useful: how's this one?

o

Btw,
That light fixture at Lowes is 154.00$
The price will show up once you plug in your zip code.

Sea

o

That one looks great. I wonder if they have it in the other shape. I'll have to go in and have a look.

Thanks!

o

Take the picture to the lighting guy at the big box stores. They have so much more in the catalogs and they may be able to quickly find it for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here