Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 17:17
|Hello, our home is a mid-tone olive (Duron/Renwick Green)with black stutters and off white trim. We are having a difficult time selecting an accent color for our front door/trim and sidelights. Home is very long with plenty on windows. Entrance door has large pane of glass centered. Total dimension including sidelights is 7 feet. We think the entire entrance should be the same color feeling that if we paint the side lights, it will become too busy. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks!|
|Of course a picture speaks a 1000 words and it is hard to offer suggestions with out one but my first thought was to continue the trim from the windows to the entry which is white and paint the door red. I know you said you're afraid that it will look too busy, but I'm thinking it will tie all of the areas together. A warm brick(ish) red would be nice as would a more bright red. Both look lovely with colors in the green family.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here