Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bergiesgirl

Help take the pink out

bergiesgirl
10 years ago

So almost a year after we moved in we are going to make some changes to the front landscaping. The landscaper recommended we paint our door, since everything about our house is soooo brown. Yes my landscaper did through shade at me. He's right though our brick is tan with pink undertones and I don't think the tan trim is helping.

We know we want to use the turquose pot, in our entryway, but unsure if it clashes too badly with the brick or if painting the entry will help. I won't have Bergiebaby standing in for cuteness factor,

So please any suggestions for paint colors for the door and trim would be so appreciated.

Comments (16)

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Your Bergiebaby is too cute!!!!

I think the planter would be lovely. Just echo the blue elsewhere, too.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

The planter is beautiful.

I think I"d paint the door in some kind of coral color and the trim in a muted white.

For instance, Sherwin Williams Rejuvenate

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

With Sherwin Williams Pearly White

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I am so glad you posted a picture of Bergiebaby. He is getting so big and cuter by the day

• patricianat
    10 years ago

What a precious child! How cute in the pot. I love the pot. Bergiebaby is adorable there. I like the tan trim as long as it echoes the colors of the bricks and I love the color Rejuvenate, but would keep the trim a tan color. Too much contrast in the trim and the front door color. Use the pot as a surprise element! I love it.

• awm03
    10 years ago

Awww, I am in love with Bergiebaby :)

Maybe it's the way my monitor sees it, but I think the pink undertones are beautiful. I love the brick. I was thinking maybe push the pink by going with a raisin/mauve/rosey terra cotta door and using aged terra cotta pots. Update the sconces to larger ones with more oomph, and your pretty house now becomes elegant.

What color is the roof? Is it black? In the picture it has a bluish cast, and the cool tone is fighting with the warm tone of the brick.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Awm, can you do a rendition with the Rejuvenate on the door, her blue pot, and the pearly white (which Sherwin Williams matches with the Rejuvenate) on the wood, including a thin trim around the windows? I'd be very curious. My thinking is that a coral-colored door would compliment the pink in her brick.

• violetwest
    10 years ago

cute house, and most of all cute kiddo!

I think your house looks lovely. My thought would be to consider is to paint the entryway a bright color that brings out the tones in the brick; maybe orangy or terracotta; something that would contrast with the pretty turquoise pot

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Cute, cute baby!

• awm03
    10 years ago

Here is Tibbrix's coral & white

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Thanks Awm!

Hmmmâ¦.not sure. Pic is not a good angle.

Bergiesgirl, can you take a pic of the house straight on?

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I am beginning to think this brick is a color different from what I originally thought. If it is pink as you say, paint the trim a buttery ivory and paint the front door so dark grey that it looks black from 100 feet and add the blue planter near the door.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Maybe it's my monitor, but I think Rejuvenation makes the brick look more pink. Something warmer might work, but Patricia's suggestion of dark grey might be worth a try. Especially with the color of the roof. Unless you are replacing the roof sometime soon.

Bergiebaby is adorable! Maybe pick up some of the burnished color of the edge of the pot for your front door. It looks like a pewter but not sure.

• mgmum
    10 years ago

What about an eggplant colour? Dark purpley-black. With the turquoise pot.

• bergiesgirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for all the suggestions and all the sweet comments about Bergiebaby. Sorry I got caught up with all my Wisconsin friends in town for the game, so heartbreaking.

awm03 The roof is like a grey black, it really doesn't have any blue, but I definitely see how it isn't in harmony with the brick. Tibbirx I really like the coral for the door, I think the white may be too white,

Patricia I like the idea of dark grey door and the buttery ivory trim. I also love MGMum idea of the eggplant door as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions and now instead of having no idea, I have all these options running through my head,

• mreenrn
    10 years ago

Holy cow bergiebaby! We have the same brick and it took me months to figure out a color to go with it. We finally painted the trim/garage doors BM Sandy Hook and the front door BM Warm Sienna. I like the way it turned out.

I think the blue planter will look great- with or without the sweet pea already planted. :)