Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Im so happy with how my laundry/mudroom came out!!!

Ilene Perl
10 years ago

And wanted to thank you for your suggestions on how to do it! When guests use this as an entrance to my house from the pool I won't cringe any more. (Often instead of having some walk thru the mudroom I let them walk thru my den which has light carpeting. The only thing left is to get someone to hang my ceiling laundry rack.

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by ilene-84 on Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 0:17

Comments (18)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Congrats! Looks great! Clever.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

wow, that's snazzy!

• cozyplace
    10 years ago

Very nice!!

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

What do you keep in all those baskets, and how do you know what's in each one? Looks nice!

• Ilene Perl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words!

sjhockeyfan the baskets on top are things that aren't used often, I have my large bottle of Bona, vnigar,alcohol and things that aren't used often. Two of the lower baskets are items my dog uses, his jackets and treats he gets when he comes in. My laundry detergent is one too. I don't have them labeled, but they tip down easy enough if I forget.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

Wow, what a nice job! Looks so neat and tidy. Your curtain floral looks really nice with your wallpaper.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

That looks great! So, so much better!!
    if you do want to label them, Staples sells adhesive, Martha Stewart, aluminum labels that are filled with paper labels that can be changed. I'm sure there is a proper name for these things that I can't think of right now, but I love them and have them on baskets/bins in every closet. Like the things on the front of file cabinets.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

This inspired me to label my canisters!

• peony4
    10 years ago

What an inspiration for some spring organization! Great job, Ilene.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Well done!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Ooo, very clever! Looks great!

• plumberry
    10 years ago

looks great. I will have to copy this. ;)

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Nice! I love to see organized rooms and this one is a great example of that. The baskets look great! Thanks for sharing.
    Lynn

• teacats
    10 years ago

Excellent transformation!! :)

Well thought out -- and well organized storage! :) And the curtains are wonderful! :)

Very well done indeed! :)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Very pretty, love the baskets. You must smile each time you walk through!

• Oakley
    10 years ago

You put me to shame! Perfect organization. Only one thing is bothering me though. The keys next to the back door. Can you put them in a place where people can't see them, only for security reasons.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Oakley, I think her keys are okay where they are. They'd never be able to be seen from outside, esp. with her shade up there now.

• Ilene Perl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words.

The baskets I fell in love with, wound up going to five stores to find enough of them. First was 20% off last 3 were 50% off, the others were inbetween.

Oldbat2be I do smile when going in there. Will be nice this summer not being ashamed to ask guests to use the mudroom when in wet suits. I admit I'm happy with me for making curtains and a shade for first time. I've done other projects, but nothing this large. I'm happy I figured out how to hang the upper curtain. I bought $75 of supplies, all different ways for hanging it. I wound up using thumb tacs, since that curtain is stationary, had $75 credited back on my charge.

Oakley most of the keys are for our gate and shed were chemicals are kept for the pool. I'm a nervous pool owner who always has the gate locked when the pool is open.