Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
malhgold_gw

Another Dining Table Question

malhgold
14 years ago

Found this table on craigslist. It's a galvanized steel top with a steel base. Been looking for a table like this for a long time. Do you think it works in this space?

Table would go in this room. It would be placed perpendicular to the direction of the island. Would get different chairs.

Kitchen on other side:

Comments (12)

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

I like it, and I think it would work with more industrial chairs.

• DLM2000-GW
    14 years ago

oh very cool - and I actually kind of like the idea of traditional/cushy chairs with the hard edges of the table

• pps7
    14 years ago

I love it!!! I think some slipcovered chairs would soften it up a bit.

• homeagain
    14 years ago

Another yes! Go for it. I think it would be perfect with the elements of your kitchen.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Don't walk....run!

The only thing I wonder is how you'll feel eating from a cold metal surface. If you're happy with the stone on the island in that regard, the table should be fine.

• les917
    14 years ago

Love the table. I would keep the chairs you have, tho, as a warm contrast to the cold metal, and a connection to the warm sense of the room in which it sits.

• malhgold
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks...going back tomorrow with DH to show him(I saw it yesterday and loved it), but 99% sure we're buying it. Based on the space where it's going and the kitchen style, do you like either of these chandeliers?

Capiz Shells but in rectangles:

Glass links:

Here is a link that might be useful: West Elm Chandeliers

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Honestly, the capiz thing feels on the verge of being over to me. The chains are sooo trendy, I'm afraid they will be over even sooner...

Of course, if you really love either one a whole lot, then it doesn't matter where they are on the trend oscillation.

• kiko_gw
    14 years ago

LOVE that table! Wow!!! I also love both of those chandeliers (and have even thought about them over our table!), but I'm not sure about using them there. Definitely not the links one in that space. The capiz might work. Have you thought about a round shape? There seem to be a lot of straight lines already. Do you like this one at all? It kind of echoes your pendants:

• oopsie913
    14 years ago

love it to death for that area. It will look great against the brick, although the upholstered chairs would look great and be a nice contrast to the metal. Also like the idea of the rounder shapes of that round chandelier although I love the one from West Elm and may consider it myself for our eating area or dining room. Good luck

• malhgold
    Original Author
    14 years ago

what would you offer? They're asking $650, but she said she's negotiable.

• vampiressrn
    14 years ago

OMG...that table and that second West Elm chandy would be so kewl. Very industrial yet matches your kitchen. If you could find chairs that match your island chairs, it would really pull it together. A traditional rug under the table would also complement the area. I look forward to seeing what you choose.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County