Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

I think we made a decision on the exterior color!!

chloenkitty
9 years ago

We took a drive to areas where we like the houses. On a funny side note, this one development has beautiful homes, but they are on small lots so they are close to each other. There has to be 50-70 homes and every single home is some sort of beige!!! They are gorgeous, but why would the builder do that??

Anyway, there is this one house we have liked for awhile and I actually thought it might be natural clay, but at closer inspection, it's a bit deeper color. I think it might be hearthstone by certainteed.

I sent a message to our builder and I swear if he tells me it's more expensive or something else negative, I'm going to punch him lol.

Let me know if you like the color!

This post was edited by chloenkitty on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 15:45

Comments (20)

• chloenkitty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a closer view (I actually rang the bell to ask them the color lol but they weren't home)

• chloenkitty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another look. I like their lighting too! The garage doors were white which actually looked great! White trim, white garage door, black shingles. I don't know if I'd want a white garage door, but it looked great!

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

I think driving around and looking at actual house siding is the way to go. Glad you found the one you liked!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I think the color is wonderful! As for your builder, very funny!

• Sms
    9 years ago

Nice color-- actually used Hearthstone on my own house (lower part). It was a standard color in my area so no upcharge. 15 year warrantee is great too.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Agree w/u about the lighting, and the white garage. I think matching the front door would look better.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Great color. I agree, the white looks very good, but the dark still appeals to me too, especially with a dark front door. Maybe it's because they have a second entry door nearby and another garage door plus a lot of white trim. Good luck with your builder!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Very pretty color. I hope what you want, you will get. The reason for the beige might be covenant. I know of a very upscale neighborhood in Georgia where the houses in this "very gated" neighborhood of retired bankers, stockbrokers and politicians has a beige requirement. I suppose grey would remind them of their mortality and green of how they got there.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Is it possible to take the Certainteed samples in contention over to this house to compare? Then you can match it exactly or, if they used a different brand, you can get close in color.

• chloenkitty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I found out today from the builder of the home that the color is Rugged Canyon from Mastic. Never heard of them, but then again, I never built a home before LOL. Apparently they are a good company and comparable to certainteed.

• kitschykitch
    9 years ago

LOL Patricia.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I had a suspicion it might be a different brand....I hope you can get a close match if your builder wants to stick to Certainteed. Your house is going to be beautiful!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Can you go with Mastic?

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

I like that color combo. The white really sets it off.

• chloenkitty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There is a local supplier who has Mastic, so I'm hoping the builder does not give me a problem. I don't see why he should.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Unless you signed a contract saying you'd use Certainteed, it's hard to imagine why he couldn't get Mastic for you. But who knows? Business is done so weirdly these days.

• laycealves
    9 years ago

I love this post! You just helped me pick my color.

• C
    8 years ago

Any idea what stone is used with the rugged canyon siding?

• noreen_denee
    5 years ago

What is the color of the door?