Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Bath counter accessories?

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

We've almost done with our master bath remodel; just waiting for the mirror and glass guy to install. I'm puzzling over what accessories would look good on the double sink vanity counter. It's a fairly long/large "L" shaped counter. The maple cabinets are stained "gingerbread". The granite is Giallo Napoli.

Would really large lidded glass jars filled with bath salts or soaps look good or too "light" for the heft/weight of the cabinets/counters?

Other suggestions?

Comments (13)

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I think clear glass looks good in any situation. You will be able to see bits of the counter top through the glass which will add visual weight. Chrome or nickel (whichever finish matches your hardware) would look good, too.

• chloenkitty
    10 years ago

Yes I also think they would look nice. A plant would also look nice. The greenery would go nicely.

• User
    10 years ago

I'd hit up HomeGoods.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What kind of accessories should I look for at HomeGoods?

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Tall clear glass jars filled with wrapped soaps. (You will need to have a color scheme in mind when doing the looking). Another jar filled with cotton balls. A smaller one with the (dreadful) Q-tips.

A clear soap dispenser with a soap in the right color. I even use a glass jar with tums in it!

I like pretty things that make sense in a bathroom.

This photo is just to show you the jar with the soaps.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Here's my etagere in my current bathroom, my vanity is not large enough to put the jars on it.

• User
    10 years ago

HomeGoods: all kinds of fun stuff. Jars, pretty fake plants and flowers to add color; fun things to hang on the wallsâ¦Whimsy.

• juliekcmo
    10 years ago

Agree that Home Goods has the best selection and best prices.

Here is what I like to have out on bath counters in the master bath:
    Square Puffs Tissue Box Cover
    Makeup Mirror (the kind with one side regular and other side magnifying)
    Candle and small book of matches
    Bar of soap in a soap dish (what I like)
    Liquid hand soap in a nice pump (what DH likes)
    Room freshening spray -the natural kind that is in a nice looking dispenser (indigo wild)
    Small shallow tray for jewelry
    Face Lotion, hand lotion, on a small tray. I like to add flowers also when I have them.

• User
    10 years ago

FYI: Best smelling liquid hand soap, IMO: Trader Joe's French Liquid Soap - Orange Blossom Honey.

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 21:01

• romy718
    10 years ago

Probably not the best prices (although they might be having a 30% off sale on Bath), but Restoration Hardware has a great selection of bathroom accessories.

• bpath
    10 years ago

In the corner you need a really great piece of porcelain or metal that you love, a vase or a figure.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I think you need one "big" thing in that corner -- maybe even a plant -- and then don't worry about staging the whole vanity. A nice pump jar for liquid soap at each sink would be great.

• User
    10 years ago

I think in that corner I'd put a free-standing cabinet with glass windows. If it's too short to meet the top of the mirrors, I'd put an ivy type of plant on top of it and let the vines hand down the side.

This one, for example (wrong color, obviously) is from Home Depot.