Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

What type of paint/color did you use in your garage?

pps7
14 years ago

The drywall is going up this week so need to finalize the paint colors!

What type of paint did you use in your garage? matte or eggshell?

I was plan on using BM simply white (also my trim color)-do most people use white?

Comments (12)

• nhb22
    14 years ago

Traditonal Tan in eggshell. Shows practically no dirt and is washable.

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

We've painted our garage 4 times since we moved in. It used to be the same horrible pinky tan color of the exterior. We then painted it a light blue, with dark blue trim. I loved it but my DH said it reminded him of a certain auto parts store. So he painted it gray, but then he grew tired of that and it's now white. We just used a flat white exterior latex. Chose exterior because it'd be a bit more durable.

• sue36
    14 years ago

I used a color called Intaglio (a white with some black, but not gray) in eggshell. If I had it to do over I would do it "fingerprint beige". (light taupe) ;)

• redbazel
    14 years ago

I cleaned and painted all the drywall in our garage 3 Springs ago. I chose a gray from the Kilz colors at Walmart, with a deeper gray for the inside doors. The color matches the cabinets pretty well, hides dirt and looks good. I got it in Eggshell.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

Here's a thread with my garage photos as well as those of others.

REd

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage question Decorating forum

• annzgw
    14 years ago

DS painted her's a beautiful pale green and this summer she stained the concrete floors. Looks great!
    I would use eggshell or satin. You want a finish that allows you to wipe it down when needed.

My garage is white, but I'd like to paint it a color. Just trying to get up the energy since it's large.

• jolynna
    14 years ago

Our garage is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter, the same color as out mud room and laundry room.

• dakota01
    14 years ago

I used a satin finish - in a light gray w/ white trim. I was afraid that the gray would make it look dirty - but it didn't it came out very nice!

• bjandtom
    14 years ago

I used the same SW arts & crafts colors as my studio, Indian White (not really white) with Peristyle Brass trim and doors. It looks great.

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    14 years ago

we left our garage unpainted for a number of years since we were burned out from painting the rest of our new house. when I was finally ready I looked to see what color the marks are on the walls were, then found a paint to match, LOL. medium gray.

• catkin
    14 years ago

I mixed a lot of leftover paints of all sheens (mostly whites, creams and yellow/golds) and came up with a very very pale goldish yellow color that has a scrubbable finish--it's neutral. Killed two birds with one stone!

• pps7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. Our mudroom is going to be revere pewter so maybe i will use the same color. I guess egshell seems to be the most popular?