Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type of paint/color did you use in your garage?

Posted by pps7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 13:46

The drywall is going up this week so need to finalize the paint colors!

What type of paint did you use in your garage? matte or eggshell?

I was plan on using BM simply white (also my trim color)-do most people use white?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type of paint/color did you use in your garage?

Traditonal Tan in eggshell. Shows practically no dirt and is washable.

o

We've painted our garage 4 times since we moved in. It used to be the same horrible pinky tan color of the exterior. We then painted it a light blue, with dark blue trim. I loved it but my DH said it reminded him of a certain auto parts store. So he painted it gray, but then he grew tired of that and it's now white. We just used a flat white exterior latex. Chose exterior because it'd be a bit more durable.

o

I used a color called Intaglio (a white with some black, but not gray) in eggshell. If I had it to do over I would do it "fingerprint beige". (light taupe) ;)

o

I cleaned and painted all the drywall in our garage 3 Springs ago. I chose a gray from the Kilz colors at Walmart, with a deeper gray for the inside doors. The color matches the cabinets pretty well, hides dirt and looks good. I got it in Eggshell.

o
Old thread

Here's a thread with my garage photos as well as those of others.

REd

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage question Decorating forum

o

DS painted her's a beautiful pale green and this summer she stained the concrete floors. Looks great!
I would use eggshell or satin. You want a finish that allows you to wipe it down when needed.

My garage is white, but I'd like to paint it a color. Just trying to get up the energy since it's large.

o

Our garage is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter, the same color as out mud room and laundry room.

o

I used a satin finish - in a light gray w/ white trim. I was afraid that the gray would make it look dirty - but it didn't it came out very nice!

o

I used the same SW arts & crafts colors as my studio, Indian White (not really white) with Peristyle Brass trim and doors. It looks great.

o

we left our garage unpainted for a number of years since we were burned out from painting the rest of our new house. when I was finally ready I looked to see what color the marks are on the walls were, then found a paint to match, LOL. medium gray.

o

I mixed a lot of leftover paints of all sheens (mostly whites, creams and yellow/golds) and came up with a very very pale goldish yellow color that has a scrubbable finish--it's neutral. Killed two birds with one stone!

o

Thanks. Our mudroom is going to be revere pewter so maybe i will use the same color. I guess egshell seems to be the most popular?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here