Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

Someone say they like these :)

chloenkitty
9 years ago

I have so many lighting choices to make and I like a lot of different lights out there, so it's hard! I have a ton of pics saved, but it's hard to choose.

Admittedly, I am partial to bling. I adore these Schonbek 7" pendants. IF I purchased them, I'd get the crystals in clear though. I love flowers and I love crystals. Would these be different, nice (a conversation piece) over my kitchen island or no?

Be honest, I can take it. I love them and don't know where else I could put them. My kitchen will be white and pale blue, a happy inviting kitchen so I don't think they'd be oddball or out of place. I am not opposed to bling in the kitchen even though I know about cleaning it. Thank you.

Comments (10)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Very pretty but I love a bit of bling myself. I did a Schonbeck pendant over my island and a smaller one over the sink area. Mine are from the bagatelle collection. I love your choice it looks so happy!

• crl_
    9 years ago

Pretty!

• kellienoelle
    9 years ago

I love it, it is pretty and whimsical. Not everybody's cup of tea, but that is what makes it special, otherwise you would have the same old same old. And if you are going to go a bit bold and show your personality I think that lighting is a good choice. Can be easily changed out if you tire of it. It'll be your kitchen's statement blingy necklace!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I agree totally Kellie. I really like that they are so different than what is usually seen, so pretty!

• lavender_lass
    9 years ago

Ummm...I love fairy tale, flowers and a little bling at times, but I don't know if I'd put these in a kitchen. Do you live alone...and is this a 'girl pad'? If so, I think you could definitely pull them off.

If not, then I would want to make sure my family was on board with the idea. I am NOT one to settle on safe neutrals, but I do think a kitchen should be a family space.

I would put a pendant like this in an office or girlie space....sunroom even or porch. Lovely over a table set up for fancy tea :)

• chloenkitty
    Original Author
    9 years ago

They're so adorable I'd love to get them and put them somewhere :)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

The clear crystals would help it ditch the "girly" factor that some say don't work in a kitchen (Huh?). Anyway, do what makes you smile. I think they are great :)

• kswl2
    9 years ago

They are darling lights! I like them with the turquoise--- if you can work that color in somewhere else in the room.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I think a bit of whimsy in a home is great. And it sounds to me like they've got the "it" factor for you, so I'd say go get 'em. You know, in a few years, if you decide you don't like them anymore or they're outdated, just replace them. They're so pretty and different.

• kam76
    9 years ago

They are super cute and like everyone says lighting doesn't have to be forever, you can always change your mind in a few years. The only thing I would double check b/c this is a big pet peeve of mine (perhaps I am just overly sensitive to light) is that you are not bothers by the blub light peeking out at any point on the pendant -if people are going to sit below it are they going to get "bulb eye". I am not singling out these pendants I think it is something people should think about for all pendant lights. I cannot handle sitting at my mom's island because the dang bulbs hang below her pendant glass and give me bulb eye every time. lol.