Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Deck-orated OR My Deck is (almost) Finished

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

We finished building the deck last year just in time for it to get cold. So we are really looking forward to using it this year. We went to a garden store, found a set of furniture I really thought was so comfortable. I found the cushions that it came with acceptable so we bought them. The next day I was on Craigslist (I told you I have been slightly obsessed lately with it) and I found a woman who was moving into a townhouse and she was selling her table, chairs and chaise lounges that matched the stuff we just bought. I got a great deal on the stuff she was selling. I am still waiting for the white cushions for the chaises to arrive, Hautelook is a bit slow with this order. But here is an overall picture of the whole deck. I'm not going to upload these to Photobucket (just so painfully slow, so I'll post a couple of different posts with the photos).

The furniture is all from Hanamint.

Comments (23)

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Beautiful....

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The cushions on the seats at the table are from Pier 1

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We replaced the lava rocks with fire glass in the fire table

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Someday the cushions will come!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Nice. I really like the blue color. Can't wait for the days when we can sit outside.

• teacats
    11 years ago

Just gorgeous!!!

Perfect for a big party! :)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Nice!

• yayagal
    11 years ago

So nice.

• User
    11 years ago

What time are you expecting us? I would like to stretch out on one of those chaises and sip an adult beverage , Bumble :-)

It's very inviting!

• nini804
    11 years ago

So comfy looking! You did a great job!

• funkyart
    11 years ago

Lovely.. and just in time for a great weekend!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! And I sold the old set tonight! Woohoo!

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

It looks great, what a nice space !

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice, indeed!

• autismmom
    11 years ago

I think you will love the space out there it looks great!!!! WE use our outdoor space so much can't imagine not having it.

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

We'll be right over. Shall I bring the gin?

And bless your heart, you made it big enough!

People so often miscalculate the necessary scale for a really comfortable, livable outdoor room. It looks wonderful.

• madeyna
    11 years ago

Its perfect I love the blues and the table candles couldn,t be more perfect. I,m going to keep my eyes open for something like that for my table.

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

Stunning! I love the colors and the furniture design. I don't leave candles outside anymore though - last summer my candles in lanterns melted in the heat and made a huge mess of the lanterns and table!

• caminnc
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful, can't wait to see evening pictures with fire and cocktails included!

• Lyban zone 4
    11 years ago

I never heard of fire glass, is this better or nicer or cleaner than the lava rocks?

I do not have a fire table but would like to get one.

Any suggestions?

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks again. Today was nice out and we did get a chance to sit out there without freezing. Then my dh had to get to the airport so the sun worshipping ended.

lyban, we bought that firetable from Lowe's. The patio store sells them too, however they sell theirs for over $2k and there was no way I could ever justify that. This was around $300 or so. We took the lava rocks out and replaced with the fire glass. It looks soooo much better. Has a nice sparkle to it when it's lit. The lava rocks were just dead darkness. We ordered the fireglass from Amazon after picking out the colors in person at the patio store....again, they wanted $15/lb. We bought for around $5/lb. Big difference considering we bought 30lbs of it.

b's mom--oh, a g&t would be lovely. What time will you get here? And yes, the deck is large. (I actually wanted it to go out further but you just gotta stop spending somewhere, right? It's 34' long.

tinan, yes, I'm already thinking about the candles and melting issue....probably have to go with battery candles. I just love the blue though.

Here is a link that might be useful: some of the fire glass on Amazon

• Lyban zone 4
    11 years ago

Bee,
    Thanks for explaining that. I am going to look into it.
    Your deck is lovely and so private.

• Wolfpackmom
    11 years ago

Love it! What a beautiful space!