Original Author
    10 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• yayagal
    10 years ago

What specifically are you asking?

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I recall it was something about using the French/Italian inspired red/green decorative items and "chotsikies" with a soft blue color painted room? Is that correct?

• cozyplace
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am sorry for a double post. I am relatively new here. I posted under another thread since this didn't seem to show up. Now all of a sudden here it is!

Please look for the other thread. I am trying to find window treatments or material for some and for pillows to tie my room together. It will have darker wood floors/med-light granite/ and med/dark cabinets. Kitchen opens to FR which will have camel/oatmeal colored sectional. THanks again. And I really am sorry for the double posting.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Here is the link to her earlier post of April 7th, below.

Here is a link that might be useful: More detail here

• missingtheobvious
    10 years ago

These are the other two threads:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg041303116174.html?5

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0413172728703.html?2

Maybe someone can figure out which should be the main thread and cancel the others.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Best if you can keep it all on one thread, it will make the input you get more cohesive.
    Here is a link to your first post last week Please Help
    "Hi. I am in the middle of a move. New home will have an open floor plan. Kitchen opens to family room & dining room. Cognac color cabinets (med/dark), wood floors (also med/dark) light/med granite and very light backsplash.

My colors now are greens, reds, little yellow. I had a French country love at one time. I still am drawn to those colors.

However, I also love the beach and am moving 2 miles from it. I have started over the past few years to re-do bedrooms & bathroom in blues. When I move one spare bd will have light/med blue and white quilt and white furniture. 2nd bed will be navy/red comforters on twin beds and navy, red stripe and checked pillows and valance.

So, what to do about family room and kitchen. Hard to give up my accessories in greens/reds/yellow, but really love the blues and seashells and lighter coloring. Oh, and my dining set is white with med/dark green coverings that I re-did few years back. New sectional will be a sandy/oatmeal/tan color.

OK, so what's a girl to do?? Any sites you can recommend? I need panels in the kitchen over my slider. And a coordinating valance or panels in DR since 2 rooms are adjacent. I truly love both styles. "

You asked in one of the other threads about using ticking stripe for window treatments. I think that ticking stripe is definitely a good look for coastal decorating, and is good for the lighter furniture you have.
    IMO there is a huge difference between oatmeal and camel. Do you have a picture of the sofa and the sofa fabric you'll be using? Do you have pictures of the flooring? Pictures of the granite? Med-light covers a lot of ground - is it busy or quiet?

It might be good to put together some mood boards with your different elements. You can do that using a simple Paint program, or Powerpoint, or an online program like polyvore.

hope this helps you