Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Out with wallpaper, in with paint.

jerry_nj
11 years ago

We have changed two bedrooms from (still very usable) wallpaper to paint. Both are a restful light blue with white trim, the 2nd BR also saw the addition for simple crown molding (even this BR is large, 12' x 15', approximately).

The next target is the main bathroom, a 1980s vintage with moderate size, about 10' x 7'.

We had given some consideration to a light yellow, but are having a problem picking one we like on the wall. I have put up one sample on the wall behind the sink. Not what (she) we want.

I am thinking something more in the "cream", maybe with a touch of yellow. But, the idea, now popular, of buying a 4 oz sample can does get "old".... I'd welcome any advice on the general idea of color. There is some depression/anxiety issues as well, so the "mood" of the color is a consideration - thus our first consideration of yellow.

More on the bathroom, it has a east facing double hung window with a lot of morning light (after sunrise). When on the toilet one is looking at the door to a linen/towel/etc. closet which is a panel door and white semi gloss...as is the window trim and the access door. The tile surround on the tub/shower is a soft white, not a subway tile white, but white with some gentile texture to further soften the semi-gloss finish. The tub, toilet and counter top are white. So, any color will go with the current fixtures and tile, which I do not plan to replace.

Comments (2)