Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OMG----all in one vacuum and steam mop!

Posted by joaniepoanie (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 12:15

Several months ago I posted about cleaning hardwood floors and complained about the two step process....vacuuming to get up the bits then dust mopping to get up the dust (as opposed to just vacuuming a carpet). I pondered why there wasn't a vacuum that could do both... and apparently now there is!

I just saw a commercial for the Bissell Symphony. It vacuums and steam mops at the same time. A quick look at some reviews and they seem favorable. It costs around $200.

Does anyone have one? What is your opinion?

I am tempted to run out and buy one today!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OMG----all in one vacuum and steam mop!

It gets excellent reviews on walmart.com.

o

IT Gets excellent reviews on the Bissell site as well. It's a clever design; vacuums ahead of the steam part. So long as the vacuum part is good, it's a great idea.

o

Not sure of the exact product number -- but do check Amazon -- may be a better price there ...

o

Sounds pretty spiffy!

o

They had me till the triclosan. Too bad about that. I wonder if you have to use their pads or if it lets you use your own--they don't mention it, so I suppose not.

o

check with your flooring mfg. Ours advised against using steam mops on the hardwood because it lifts the grain.

I bought an iRobot to vacuum frequently and I may save up for the IRobot mop once I have confidence in the mop product. I would like to run that in the bathroom. The vacuum is really good at picking up the fine dust on the hardwood and gets under most of the furniture. It has to be supervised if you have pets though, as it will run through any mess they might make (ick)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here