Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

Mixing metal finishes-will this work in my space?

I am finishing my reno/decor and need 3 hanging chandeliers/pendants. All the hardware in the house is in a brushed nickel finish. One pendant I ordered is a moravian star in a bronze finish that will hang in the upper level dormer above a double sliding door(I had no choice in finish option). I also need a chandelier pendant in the stairwell going down to the LL that will be visible from both upstairs and downstairs living spaces, and a pendant over the sink in the kitchen which is right off the bottom of stairs. So basically the pendant over stairs is visible from LL kitchen and upper living room.

I am thinking of a wood wine barrel "simplicity" style chandelier in the stairwell, and something in a brushed nickel or white finish over the sink. Is this overkill? I do not want to match all the hanging lights either, but this is a beach/cottage style with white on white decor, aqua and natural wood accents so I want to keep to the "found" look but not a "what were you thinking when you found that" look.

Comments (6)