Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look What Happened Lat Week: Spring!

Posted by kswl (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 11:18

In the space of seven days, the miracle of Spring! And my irises are almost blooming :-)

Anyone else with evidence that the world is new yet again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look What Happened Lat Week: Spring!

Daffodils in my yard!

And I'm finally outside working in the garden!

o

I love daffs! I have only a few and most came up and were frozen about a month ago :-(

Do you have pictures of your flowers?

o

Alas, my neighbor's 11-year-old daughter came over today and picked a lot of the daffodils to make one bouquet for me and a few for decorations for their Easter tomorrow. She had asked the other day if they could pick some and of course I said yes. I'm about to go out with my camera to photograph the dog I've got swimming in the pond, for his owners, so I'll see if there are enough daffodils left to photograph! It'll be a while. Bella and I are off to the pond! Taking a break from yard work.

o

Here you go, kswl. The pics I took outside didn't come out well at all due to so many having been picked and the placement of the sun. But, here are some daffodils for you, the bouquet the girl made for me this morning. Happy Spring! Happy Easter!

o

Bluebonnets in my neighborhood!

o

wow texanjana. What a pic! did you take that?

o

Here's another one. My DH took them with his Canon Eos.

This post was edited by texanjana on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 18:06

o

Here is a sign of Spring that's not a plant.
A short walk from my home, I came across a Mallard duck sitting on her nest.
I hope to see the eggs & or the little ducklings very soon : )

Look for the nest in the center of the photo, below:
Duck Nest in Center of Pic photo 2014-04-11-BodesHairCut005.jpg

photo 2014-04-11-BodesHairCut007.jpg

o

arrival of bear!! LOL this flowering pear was destroyed, another tree was pulled over but we were able to right it (hopefully!). Our ducks have also come home to roost :)

o

Know what happened here last week? It snowed. Yes, snow. Grrrr. Only about an inch, but after this long winter, it was discouraging and it was lousy to have to scrape ice off the car in mid April!! We do have daffodils starting to bloom, though... And at our beach house, where I am now, we have hundreds of daffodils in full bloom. Will try to take and post pics later.

o

We had the snow too. So much bear activity this spring! Love the pictures. I can't wait for the green around here!

o

Yesterday I saw the geese attempting to make little goslings...he jumps on her back, grabs her by the back of the neck and shoves her head under water. Not exactly my idea of a good time!

o

Love all the photos! Daffodils have always bee such a reliable harbinger of spring that I really missed them this year. And the forsythia had an anaemic showing because of our bizarre weather.

Thank you Tibb for that lovely daffodil arrangement, and Texanjana--- what a treat! Those bluebells are magnificent! We have native yarrow in our fields but I don't know if it will be up this year due to the late freezing nights. Hope your pear tree makes it, sassafras, I have been amazed at the bear stories this year. Perhaps they are hungrier than usual because of the extra long winter? And I guess ducklings are another sign of spring...they are my nemesis, I am thankful our dogs usually scare them away, along with the errant geese who consider settling down in our backyard.

o

A few of the daffodils at our beach house.

o

Oh, oh, Sueb! What color is that sky! That's the color I want for my LR!

Lol.

Beautiful couple of days on the Cape!

o

I wish I had not forgotten how to post pictures. My garden is beautiful right now. I think there is a picture (from long ago but the same garden, just more prolific) on Antique Rose forum right now, but I forgot how to post and it really does not matter but my garden is splendoriferous.

o

Wow! I'm jealous. Other than buds on the trees and robins, we have very few signs of spring. I need to check our tulips as they hadn't even had stems yet, last I looked.

o

Sueb20 those daffs look healthy and happy, and sky is an amazing blue!

Patricia, you can post a single picture pretty easily with the uploaded just below the heading,where you would post a reply. I would love to see your roses now or later!

Justgotta I feel your pain., our weather has been cold and rainy since.....well, since last October? That is unusual for our part of the country and I am SO tired of it.

o

KSWL,
Love the romantic sweep of your drive!

Texanjana - so pretty!

Laurie, I showed my kids that picture and they were delighted with it. So sweet.

Here is spring at our house, courtesy of my 11yo DD who set the table for brunch. No, I don't know why there is Easter Grass in teacups. And the plastic easter eggs nestled in with the grapes? They have strawberries in them. I do like the flowers, and the sprinkling of Herend figurines.

o

I haven't taken any pictures yet but it is full glorious spring mode here! Azaleas are starting to bloom and dogwoods are at their peak. We have a dogwood festival here and went (drove) on a couple of the trails this past week. Iris are starting to pop up. I have planted all my pots (I don't do any annuals in the ground). My clematis and knock-out roses are starting to bud.

The downside is we've been mowing about the last 4 weeks. LOL
AND the pollen counts are awful!!

tina

o

and on my walk in the 'hood....This! The buds on all the trees are amazing. My own peach tree at home is also full of buds, and when it's warm the bees come around to enjoy :)

o

kswl, we've had a bitter cold winter. Not allot of snow, but I'd rather have snow than such bitter cold. That's why I was so excited to go to Hawaii and spend some time on the beach.

o

Me too, texasjana! I've been told by a born Austinite this is the biggest crop of Bluebonnets in the last 10 years.

As for the cold, I've only been here 6 years, and didn't think the weather was as bad this year as it was my first year~it snowed twice. There were also more record lows that year, but I know how Tx temps can differ significantly. Hot/cold, I love it!

o

That's a beautiful picture, kswl

o

Here's another, my irises are blooming,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here