Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie100_gw

Cream with no undertones

susie100
9 years ago

Anyone have a cream color on walls that you perceive as having no pink or green undertones? If so, could you post a pic? Thanks.

Comments (11)

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I have SW Antique White. The only undertone comes from the outside light, which makes it very hard to paint a true cream. So it's a French vanilla on cloudy days but can be a little yellow on a bright day. No pink or green though.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

susie100 - I saw a color on WMA89's post a while ago :

BM Cream Fleece

If you pick on the link below, scroll down to WMA89's INDOOR entry...the "AFTER" photo shows cream fleece. I like it so much that I ordered a large sample chip from BM.

I have not painted with it, yet, but hope to use it in the future. I do not see any pink or green undertones. I would call it a dark cream or a light tan.

Laurie

BM Cream Fleece

Here is a link that might be useful: What a Difference a Door Makes

• junco East Georgia zone 8a
    9 years ago

Clay BIsque by Glidden was suggested in the thread about working with the yellow carpet.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

BM Mascarpone. The Navajo White would also be a good choice as it's been used for years and IMO, has proven itself.

Here is a link that might be useful: paint

• vedazu
    9 years ago

Hard to know what is cream and what is ivory, but I have always liked BH Ivory Tusk--gorgeous color, no pink, no blue.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

may_flowers, SW Antique White here too. It took me months and $200 of samples to discover it's exactly right for me.

susie, Antique White has no pink or peach undertones or I wouldn't have it in my house. No green either. I think there's a whisper of gold which gives it the rich french vanilla flavor. Just today the late afternoon sun was splashed against my living room wall and I thought how very much I love the color. I have it in all my walls (except my bedroom) and on most of the ceilings, so it softly envelopes all the space. It's the perfect neutral for me, warm, but doesn't read yellow.

I'd take a picture, but I don't think I could capture it, plus the whole monitor thing.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

This is the website that made me fall in love with SW Antique White. It's like rich butter cream that you want to eat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Hospitality - SW Antique White

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    9 years ago

I have to say you need to try the color you choose in your space. I'm another SW Antique White lover, but in my room it definitely reads green to me.

• deegw
    9 years ago

I used BM monterey white in my home and it looks very similar to the picture of the sw antique white. I have one room where the grass and trees reflect on the walls during certain times of the day and it takes on a green undertone.

Good luck finding the perfect cream. If is definitely challenging.

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

Try 25% strength (or less) of Sherwin William's Nantucket Dune. It's a very soft, clear cream with no pink or green undertones.

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz