Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Wanted to share....

amykath
13 years ago

I was thinking about how many times I have tried and failed at getting my bedroom the way I wanted it. Finally, I just decided to base it all on inspiration photos. I have never really done so for a bedroom. For whatever reason this bedroom was hard for me to decorate.

I had just posted this on another thread and wanted to share my inspiration pics and my room. I think it really helped and I got the vibe I was going for!

BTW.. sorry to those who have seen my bedroom in my dilemma posts on here! I am sure you are sick of seeng it! haha

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

My room...its is not exactly like the others of course but I got pretty much the vibe I wanted. :)

{{!gwi}}

Thanks for reading and for all the help everyone has given me on this forum. I would be LOST without it and all of you!

Amy

Comments (30)

• User
    13 years ago

Wow! I can see why you are so happy! It looks beautiful!

• Oakley
    13 years ago

It's perfect and I definitely see how it's related to the inspiration picture.

Your bed area looks so serene! Now, come do mine. lol

• User
    13 years ago

Amy :You can go see oakley but THEN you have to come see me and do my room....that looks great. I love the idea of the mirror behind the lamp !! Now you got my wheels spinning. I think the use of the inspiration pics is a great one and you did and still made it your own. Love the headboard too and the bed linens. c

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

It looks great. I like yours even better than your inspiration pictures.

• prill
    13 years ago

That turned out really nicely. Love it.

• Bethpen
    13 years ago

Amy, your room looks great!

Beth P.

• amykath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oakley and Trail- I wish I could come over. How nice of you guys to say!

Marti- You made my day! If you think my room looks better than my insp. rooms then WOW! That is so kind.

Thanks Beth, Prill and Lurker! I appreciate the compliments!

• nancybee_2010
    13 years ago

It looks great! I also like it better than the inspiration room.

• cliff_and_joann
    13 years ago

you nailed it...it looks great.

• CEFreeman
    13 years ago

I didn't realize yours wasn't another inspiration picture. It's so peaceful.

You've done a beautiful job.

• User
    13 years ago

Yes as CE says I thought your 1st room was yours...then the next so I was confused at first since they are all at least = in looks...you have a real eye for this.

Will my Atlantic ride take me near you ??? :) c

• onedog3cats
    13 years ago

Very lovely room. It looks so inviting.

Where did you get your headboard?

• amykath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You guys are seriously so sweet!!!!

Trail... if you consider the gulf of Mexico at all Atlantic! haha

Onedog3cats... I made my headboard out of an old door. Added some moulding and legs and voila! It was once painted black and in this bedroom in my old house (miss that bedroom!) That was years ago. I guess I have been on this forum asking for advice for EVERYTHING for the last ten years! haha

{{!gwi}}

Here is a shot of the headboard while still appearing doorlike (no the man holding it was not nude... he had on shorts ;)

{{!gwi}}

• bama12
    13 years ago

aktillery....your bedroom is gorgeous! You did a great job!

• User
    13 years ago

I remember the naked man pic !!! Ha...I bet he is :) I wish I needed a headboard . c

• amykath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well trailrunber we have both been on here do a long time then! :)

• barb5
    13 years ago

Very pretty room!

Sure he had on shorts..... LOL!!!!

• creekylis
    13 years ago

You do great work! Especially love the mirror leaning behind the bedside table.

• natal
    13 years ago

OMG, I remember your other bedroom. Weren't you looking for a chair for the other side of the room? It came out great! I don't remember seeing the finished product. And here you've gone and done it again. Looks fantastic!

Btw, I like that PB inspiration shot too. Can't decide whether I want to get rid of my porcelain blue and go all white.

• natal
    13 years ago

Meant to ask ... what color were the walls in your other bedroom?

• homeagain
    13 years ago

Love it... PB has such great staging. Your room would fit right in!

Thanks for showing your door headboard. I've been looking for an old door to do this in my son's room as he is moving up to a "big" bed.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Your room is wonderful! Love the white on the headboard and that mirror placement is inspired!

• onedog3cats
    13 years ago

Wow! Never would've imagined that was a door! Great work. Your previous bedroom is as amazing as your new one!! Thanks for sharing.

LOL at the "naked" man :)

• loribee
    13 years ago

Both bedrooms are FABULOUS! Great job, Amy!

• amykath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You guys are so sweet!

Natal- I cannot believe you remember the whole chair in the bedroom thread from years ago. I wished I could tell you the name of the color but it was a mix I put together. For some reason most of my paint results in a self mix. haha

And yes.. we should ALL have naked men helping us make a haedboard! haha

• juddgirl2
    13 years ago

I remember the naked man picture! Your bedroom looks wonderful.

• ttodd
    13 years ago

I think that it's really good to see how members have taken their own spaces and transformed them w/ the help of inspiration pics.

I think that too often many people (not nec. talking about GWers but in general) try to copy an inspiration picture exactly and in the end aren't as thrilled as they thought that they would be.

You've shown how to take an inspiration pic, interpret it and make it your own while maintaining the same general look and feel as the inspiration pic.

Well done!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Awesome! You have such great vision and talent!

• IdaClaire
    13 years ago

Amy, I think your room is better than the inspiration pics! It's very posh and sophisticated. Love it!

• amykath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Your comments mean so much to me! Glad I could share. :)