Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

What does the back of your roman or wood shade look like

joyce_6333
11 years ago

I've been considering roman or wood shades for a couple of our windows, but DH dislikes what they look like on the back. We want cordless, and those I've seen in the stores, the back is a tangled mess of cords and loops. None of the websites show you what the back looks like. What do yours look like on the back?

Thanks for responding.

Comments (8)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

I got the roll up so they look the same on the front and back with just the cord that wraps around. Only thing is they are not total privacy as you can see a little through the spaces. But they are fine for my application.

Here is a link that might be useful: spice roll up shade

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Annie. I hadn't thought of those kind. Do the cords hand down when the shade is rolled up? I'm trying to avoid those dreaded cords.

• justgotabme
    11 years ago

Yes, the cords on the side that control the roll do show Joyce. You can by liners for bamboo style roman shades. You could ask at L's, they carried them last time I looked, if they cover the cords.
    I've never thought about what our bamboo shades look like from the outside because we have solar shade screening and you can't see through them unless you put your nose to them.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Yes the cords hang down so I put cup hooks on the side of each window to hang the cord off of. It's not the prettiest, but it's not bad...considering mine are in my craft room...also I put a valance up so they are mostly invisible behind the valance and only see them when i need them down for light control.

• natal
    11 years ago

Hard to take a pic with the glare. These cordless shades are in our kitchen/keeping room.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• dedtired
    11 years ago

I bought these from Country Curtains. I just love them. They are lined with white fabric on the back, so that's all you see from the outside. They work like a regular roller shade. There's a hidden handle that you give a tug to raise or lower. No cords anywhere.

Here is a link that might be useful: roman shades

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dedtired, I love the looks of the ones you bought from Country Curtains. Definitely going to look into those!! And the price is right, too. Thanks!! (their website seems to be having a glitch. Can't figure out any colors or sizes right now)

I checked for cordless woven wood shades @ blinds.com, and for three small windows it was going to be almost $1000. Yikes.

• natal
    11 years ago

Penney's carries Kirsch, Levolor, and Bali. I think all offer cordless. They have samples in the store.