|Soliciting your help for lampshade size and shape -- I'm leaning toward a shape resembling an Asian conical hat, but I always have a mental block when it comes to selecting lampshades (or picture frames). |
The floor lamp in the photo is 58-inches high. The lamp column narrows 8-inches from the top, where the bulbs go. I happened to have a shade (11-inches high by 16-inches bottom diameter) that I stuck on just for a general idea of sizing. Do I need larger... smaller?
(I don't know how to upload multiple images, so it will be in a following post. And what's up with tiny pic? It no longer works for me.)
|I agree about the "coolie" shape. |
And I'd say larger, wider, and without the curve in the side profile.
|I think it'll look good with a drum shade in black with gold lining, particularly with the metal on the shelves. Restoration Hardware.|
This post was edited by KevinMP on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 22:01
|Thank you, bronwynsmom and KevinMP. I may try mocking up both of your suggestions. Then I need to source it -- any good (meaning frugal) suggestions on where to buy? (Ah, for the good old days when I bought silk lampshades!)|
|I'll second the drum shade for an updated, modern look. I love floor lamps!|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here