Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
novacat_2010

art over the toilet

novacat_2010
14 years ago

i'm getting a toilet, one of those short ones, that stands about 22 inches. with my older toilet, it stood about 29" which i think most are. i always put some sort of art above the toilet and it looked real nice and in scale. now that im getting one (not ordered yet) that is short, how do manage to have the art in scale? assuming the art is about 24" h. you should also know that the toilet is against its own wall and the wall is 38" wide. my ceiling height is average and i have about a 6" crown molding and a 6" base molding. do i hang 2 pictures vertically? do i just get a longer (bigger) piece of art? im into traditional but as im aging, i'm appreciating a leaner, less cluttered look. somewhere along the line i've learned that whenever you are placing art above a (whatever)...toilet in this case, you can go as low as 6" over the object, but the art shouldn't have more than 1/2 its size of blank space above it (or below it for that matter) Geeze, i hope that makes sense lol. anyway, any thoughts? (maybe i'll just rethink the short toilet idea..but i do like the look). thanks

Comments (8)