Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

New coffee table arrived!

Oakley
9 years ago

And the credit all goes to Tibbrix for finding it for me.

Before:

After:

It's hard to see in the picture but the top has inlaid metal scrolling.

Comments (32)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

OMG! Oakley, it is PERFECT!!!! Yowza!

Put up a pic of a closeup of the detail, if you can!

Congrats! Really, really great.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Oh, I just saw your credit to me. Unnecessary, but you're sweet for doing it.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

And I so wish I had a princess castle on my hearth!

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

What a wonderful choice . . . I LOVE it! The dark color of the wood adds a richness to the room and the legs instead of a large , light boxy shape highlights your beautiful rug and sofa. Kudos to you both!
    Lynn

• Laurie
    9 years ago

The color, style & size looks great in your room!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

couldn't have found a better one, it suits your room so perfectly.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

perfect!

• sas95
    9 years ago

It looks really nice!

• nancybee_2010
    9 years ago

I agree, perfect!!

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

I love it! Oak, you are on a roll with your LR facelift - new rug, new coffee table, new chair, and your red painted table! I like the direction you are going in.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

So much better! While I liked the other one, it seemed a little too cottagey for your room and the colors you have going on. The darker wood was a good choice.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Very nice!

ML

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Absolutely perfect! I was hoping for a glimpse of your rabbit painting on your mantle. Oak, your room is so lovely I could just curl up and stay there for hours!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! The room didn't end up to be the vision I had but I'm actually glad it didn't.

Lynn, the first thing my husband commented on was the legs. The legs are what makes the table, IMO.

Holly, did you see the little black and white checkered rabbit on the coffee table? I need to lay off the rabbits for now. lol

This is the first time I've ever bought a substantial piece of furniture online and it was such a good experience, I highly recommend it! I think I saved a lot of money, time and gas.

Tib, the castle stays on the corner of the rug so my DGD will have a soft spot to play, but I moved it to the hearth for the picture. She and I are into "Frozen" right now. We have a new Elsa doll. ;)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

It's so cute Oak. I love animal décor. Never too many rabbits! I just love your room. It has that "beautifully collected over the years" look that I love so much!

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

It all looks great Oak! And, I really like how all your patterns and colors work so perfectly together.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

You know what they say about bunnies multiplyingâ¦.

My neighbor's daughter came over to visit yesterday and told me the whole story of "Frozen".

Oakley, can you put up a pic of the detail of the table top? It's soooo pretty. I'd love to see it in context with your room, if possible.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

It looks perfect, oak, and your room is looking good. Love the rug.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

beautiful, great piece !!

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Great choice, it looks wonderful and it's nice to see more of the rug, too.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tib, this is the best I could do. If I went further back the scroll wouldn't show up, although it does in person. I got some rug in the picture.

You need to watch Frozen with your little friend! IMO, it's the best Disney movie as far as graphics goes that was ever made, or maybe because it's because I like Winter. :)

• graywings123
    9 years ago

Excellent choice. Love the legs on that table.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

So great. Unique, yet classic. I think he scroll detail actually compliments your rug. If it had drawers, I'd consider getting it for myself. I need drawers, though. Thanks to you, I am loving having that bottom shelf gone for a whole host of reasons.

Once she gets the DVD, I'm sure we'll watch "Frozen" together.

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 9:52

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Great scale for your room and sofa, and I like the scroll detail. Congrats!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tib, my last table had the perfect size drawer on the sofa side. Very deep. It held all my needs in there. That's where I sat and paid bills while watching TV.

Over the years I wore off the stain and it looked awful. I do have a little desk in the LR which I'm using now.

• sis2two
    9 years ago

Oh I love it and it's perfect for your room!

• crl_
    9 years ago

That is just right in your room. Thank you for posting the pictures!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

It was the perfect answer.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Lol - you clearly have good taste because when I saw the picture I was like 'Wow! I really like that table!' then I realized that it was the Before picture. Then I saw the next picture and I was like 'Wow! I really like that table too!'.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Really lovely. That detailing perfect!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Cool top; is that leather?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

mtn, it's embossed metal, black.