Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rnmomof2

Paint color suggestions

RNmomof2 zone 5
10 years ago

As was discussed earlier, we are making over a tweens bathroom onto a young adults bathroom/guest room. We are getting the floor replaced with a LVT grouted tile in shades of gray and tan (light colors), replacing hardware with chrome, light fixture and perhaps the counter top.

We have a new shower curtain that has a white background with a silver metallic pattern. As you can see we have stained woodwork and it will not be painted. The girls and I were talking about a light spa type color such as SW Sea Salt or Rainwashed, etc. Usually you see those colors with white trim. I am wondering if we need a more saturated color with the woodwork? I want it to look like we have a color and not just a pale tinted white.

Any suggestions for a pale blue or green? I prefer SW brands as I get a discount at that store. Thanks!

Comments (8)

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

SW Languid Blue. Goes great with darker wood.

• elizabeth1234
    10 years ago

I think you should go for light pink color as it will suit your walls. My washroom walls are also painted with the same and I love that color

• msrose
    10 years ago

Do you have pictures of the shower curtain and tile?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I know a lot of spa looks use the green, but I'd stay away from it as it will cast a greenish shade on your face too. My MIL painted a bath green once and had to repaint right away as it made everyone look a tad seasick when they looked in the mirror. She switched to a pink for a rosier look.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

I painted my no-window bathroom BM Cape Hatteras Sand. Trim is BM White Dove. Floor is wide pine. Shower curtain is RH white linen. And EVERYONE who goes in there says it looks like a spa, myself included when I finished. I think the simplicity of the creamy neutral with white does the trick.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got a paint sample yesterday of SW Tidewater that I had the guy "dirty" up a little to match a MS color and to take some of the brightness off. That is what is on the wall now. I believe I have answered my question that with the painted woodwork a more saturated color is necessary to not look washed out. For perspective we have Blonde, Restrained Gold, Latte and other intense colors in other rooms of the house.

What do you thing of the bigger sample which is essentially SW Watery (Behr Clear Pond?) it is the second one on the strip but truly the third one down when the entire strip is viewed. The shower curtain will get ironed for hanging, we have new chrome rings for hanging, etc.

While may be a good suggestion, I do not think the girls would go for that. We have lived through the oink phase and don't think they would revisit it!

Annie, while the crazy one picked the green she did comment about how it cast odd colors to your skin.

• louislinus
    10 years ago

SW Rainwashed or Quietude. Rainwashed is my absolutely favorite color.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

BM In Your Eyes