Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karezz

Would love to see your bathrooms

karezz
13 years ago

I've looked at various threads on bathrooms as well as the bathroom eye candy. But I would *LOVE* to see YOUR real life bathrooms!!!

To start, I'll show you a few pics of my powder room:

Comments (64)

• mileaday None
    13 years ago

To Newhomebuilder - What is the name of your countertop in the guest bathroom? Love the oak vanity in your powder room.

• annzgw
    13 years ago

Let me reword..........I should have said 'wall outlet'......that's definitely not a socket! Sorry NHB! :~)

• annkathryn
    13 years ago

mitchdesj your master bath is gorgeous!

Here's my master, unfortunately the colors in the photos are a little washed out:

• sweeby
    13 years ago

Here's our Guest bath:

'Bathroom 3'

Powder Room

• mrsmarv
    13 years ago

Our master bath. I can't seem to be able to locate our guest bath photos LOL.

• nhb22
    13 years ago

annz - Socket is fine with me! :-)
    I found these two clocks @ GE.
    http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=754&idcategory=54

I just love seeing all these bathrooms. They are all so different!

mileaday - I think the granite is Desert Brown. It is very similar in color and pattern to Tropical Brown, which I had in my previous home. TB had more black in it, and would not go as well with my cabinets. I found this granite that was a few shades lighter. It's also the granite in my sons bathroom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Desert Brown

• annzgw
    13 years ago

Thanks NHB! Just dawned on me that those would make great gifts for our family Christmas exchange. We try to stay under $10!

• yborgal
    13 years ago

All of these bathrooms you've posted are beautiful and each so different.

Here are ours:

Hall bath

Powder room

Upstairs Bath

• Sheeisback_GW
    13 years ago

Mitch - I literally did a triple take of your photos. I thought they were from a magazine at first. They're very nice and I'll bet that camera was very nice too. :)

Karezz - Yeah, if you wouldn't mind sharing the BM paint color that would be great! I wanted to say I really like your powder room also. I couldn't really see the photos earlier today on my other monitor. I've wanted to get that print for sometime now but wasn't interested in paying to have it framed. Last thing I had priced to framed I about fell over. I like all the touches in your room.

I've really enjoyed this thread. Bathrooms in magazines aren't quite the same as seeing ones that are used on a daily basis.

• loribee
    13 years ago

Such pretty rooms! Here's mine~

• karezz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sheesharee - I just searched thru my paint cans and strangely, there's nothing on the can of green to indicate the color. I even have a computer spreadsheet with color names, and I never updated it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! :)

• tomorrowisanotherday
    13 years ago

Loribee--would you mind sharing the name of the paint color of your beautiful bathroom? It's so soft and pretty!

• crescent50
    13 years ago

Beautiful bathrooms everyone! Can't wait until I have one to decorate:)

NHB- I love the chandelier over your tub-- do you mind sharing the details?

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

Wow, these bathrooms really make me want to go wake up the decor in my bath. Inspiring. Humbling. lol

• burnGirl
    13 years ago

Beautiful rooms... I'm drooling :) heres my Master Bath, made some minor changes since the pics were taken.

• sundownr
    13 years ago

Wow, there are some beautiful and amazing bathrooms here!

Those of you who frequent the bathroom forum are probably tired of seeing mine (sorry!) but I'm still so excited about them. :) We lived with the old ones from the 1950's for 16 years and they have been finished a little over a month now so they are still "new".

This is the master bath (and closet) that was built from scratch in a long, narrow room that had been converted from a porch.

{{gwi:1387584}}

The toilet is in the door way you see on the right and the closet is behind the bathroom door.
    {{!gwi}}

And this is the guest/teen daughter's bath. Enlarged by stealing closets from bedrooms on each side.

{{gwi:1405811}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1415274}}

• Sheeisback_GW
    13 years ago

Ya know what we all should do....(if you haven't already)

Post these in the gallery section under bathrooms. Actually it would be better if one or a few people posted all these since threads max out at 150.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

• monicakm_gw
    13 years ago

Plug-in Night Light Clock: Oh my. I was asked this question a few weeks ago. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the catalog company but I bet I know who can. Clare de Luna is the one that turned me on to these. I'll put out a SOS. I found, as someone here did, the others but I prefer the solid white. Here is a photo of it in night light mode.

newhomebuilder: (LOL) It's a Toto toilet and Toto Washlet (bidet seat). Amenities include two back washes, one front wash, various levels of water pressure, different sprays and heated water temps, heated seat, dryer and deodorizer. I thought you were on the Bathroom forum during your remodel?? You didn't see the Washlet talked about over there?

busybee3: I LOVE the "rain" textured glass door :) It came from Home Depot and leads from the master bedroom to master bath. The level of obscurity is 7 (10 being the highest) and yes, I'm happy with it. It's just the right amt :)

WOWZA! Gorgeous bathrooms everyone! And sweeby, you already know how much I love your blue tiled bathroom :)
    Monica

• nhb22
    13 years ago

crescent50 - Can't remember... it's been almost 4 years since we built. Sorry!

sundownr - Lucky daughter. That bathroom is to die for!

Monica - I was not on the Bathroom forum for remodeling. We built, not remolded. however, I did hear about the Toto toilet on a talk show the other day. Wondered what they looked like. :-)

Also, thanks for getting some info for us about the clock. I believe I will buy a few for extra Christmas gifts next year, and one for myself.

• Jeannine
    13 years ago

Mine was redone a year ago. I still love it. :)

Let me add two pictures from my aunt's guest bathroom. I love how she hid the storage...

Isn't that neat?

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I LOVE your aunt's idea for her storage, Jeanne! That's the basic idea I've been thinking about for the storage in our walk-in closet . . . long mirrored doors over cupboards.
    Aren't the bathrooms shown here amazing? Each one is so unique and all so pretty.
    Lynn

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

Y'all are a bad influence on me. I drooled over these awesome baths then went to survey my private domain. Yikes! it was not only bland and boring, it was...dare I admit it?...unclean. Cluttered. Very unpretty.

Sigh. I've spent a couple of hours spiffing it up, scrubbing the floors, washing the rugs, chasing cobwebs, and clearing clutter instead of lounging in front of the TV eating chocolate...all because of this thread.

Gee, thanks.

;0)

The fresh roses from the yard do look nice in there. I think I may treat myself and dh to new towels. Won't he be thrilled?

• rosesstink
    13 years ago

Holy-moly! What a bunch of gorgeous bathrooms! Good job everyone.

My main bathroom is is avocado green just like is was when we bought the place 25+ years ago. Someday (how many years from now?) maybe someone will consider it to be classic. I have no good reason to change it since everything still works (we did replace the toilet with a low flow - white).

• loribee
    13 years ago

Really enjoyed this thread...only folks like us would enjoy seeing bathrooms, lol.
    Tomorrowisanotherday- my paint color is BM standish white.
    Thanks for being kind and not pointing out that I posted the same pic twice, yet again!

• Oakley
    13 years ago

After looking at these works of art, there's no way I'll show my bathrooms! lol

All of them are stunning. But Jane, if I had to pick one bathroom I'd pick yours. Is your house old? I love "old" and the checkerboard floor is beautiful along with how part of the bathroom is sunken.

• msrose
    13 years ago

jeanninepc99 - What kind of floor did you use to go with the marble subway on the wall?

Laurie

• User
    13 years ago

I don't have any really good finished pictures but we just finished ours in October and love it. It's a small room but has everything we wanted.

{{gwi:1434695}}

{{gwi:1420214}}

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

If my bathrooms looked like those I would never get out of the bubble bath!
    I'll post pics when the topic is "I would love to see your bathrooms that are so-so" or "I would love to see your bathrooms before your remodel"
    I too love Jane's bathroom with the black claw foot tub, sunken floor and olive walls, but I would take any one of them.

• mjsee
    13 years ago

All I did was paint, get a new shower curtain and replace the hardware on the cabinets...but here is my mid-century modern family bath:

And the master:

• User
    13 years ago

DeeDee, I know you probably weren't asking but since you mentioned it :c) Here are our befores. The tub & sinks were rusted out and the bathroom wasn't usable. It took 3 years of getting other parts of the house worked on before we could do it. That old saying good things that come to those that wait is applicable here! LOL

It WAS a jack and jill:

{{!gwi}}

View from bedroom:

{{!gwi}}

• gam51
    13 years ago

Here's the master bath we did a couple of years ago.

• dlfrun66
    13 years ago

Beautiful bathrooms!!!

Here's mine

• karezz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gam51-
    What is the material on your tub surround?
    Marble or granite tiles?
    How thin are they?
    Beautiful room. Soft, nice colors!

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

dinobambino...what is that lovely color on your cabs? I love it!

• mzdee
    13 years ago

Oh ya'll are just bragging!
    :)
    BEAUTIFUL bathrooms. Thanks for sharing.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

lukkiirish, thanks for the "befores"! What a transformation!
    I would post my gutted bathroom that's downstairs but I don't have any "afters" yet:) The tub, toilet and shower are installed and that's it. Someday soon....
    All these beautiful rooms are giving me much needed inspiration.

• User
    13 years ago

thanks deedee, yes, it was a fun process. After gutting it took a year to finish, so I can relate. I'm in the planning stages for our main upstairs bathroom now, and want to do something different from our master, so all of these beautiful bathrooms are inspiration for me too! Good luck with your remodel!

• igloochic
    13 years ago

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Jane what the heck is that green color? I adore it, I'm drooling...It's fabulous and I must have it NOW!!! Umm will you share?

OK my bathrooms in the townhouse (the victorians are kind of umm fugly LOL)

This bathroom is so small it's hard to photograph LOL The door will be done in the brown trim paint some day:

DS's bath:

for some reason I don't have a finished pic of the tub in that room but this is in progress:

The master:

I miss that master bath LOL I'm now in the victorian with a toilet and claw foot tub, no storage and vinyl floors LOL

• gam51
    13 years ago

karezz - The tub surround, floor and counters are 24x24 travertine tiles. I think they were 3/8". Thanks for the compliment. We really enjoy the room. I especially like having my vanity opposite my DH. He was always having to squeeze by me in our previous "galley" bath.

• karezz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the info, Gam51. My next project is my masterbath and the tub surround is white tile, which I would love to replace to look like yours. I've seen the look done in granite but my tub is set out on an overhang and I'd be afraid it would be too heavy there. I'm glad to know that travertine tiles look so nice! How are the holding up in terms of staining, etching, etc?

• igloochic
    13 years ago

Karezz, i have travertine in my bathrooms and have to say, it's great :) we did apply a sealer, but since then I've dropped red hair dye on them, paint, misc bath products including DS's in bath paint....and a bit of sharpe marker and they always clean up wonderfully!

• dlfrun66
    13 years ago

happyintexas..Thanks! The color is Ancient Marble by Sherwin Williams.

• gam51
    13 years ago

dinobambino..this is a little off the bath subject but I'm starting to look for plantation shutters and like the style of yours. Do you know what brand and the width of the shutters (i.e. 2.5, 3.5) Thanks!
    Karezz.. have not had any problems with the travertine and we also put a really good sealer on it. I use stone soap ultra by stonetechnologiesinc.com to clean. I've been happy with it.

• redroze
    13 years ago

Fun post, I love all the photos!

We reno'd our two bathrooms last year. As you can see, we got a little tidier with our hygiene products and towels once we got nicer bathrooms. =)

Guest Bathroom Before:

Guest Bathroom After (soon to be kid's bathroom as we're expecting):

Master Ensuite Before:

Master Ensuite After:

• Stacey Collins
    13 years ago

What a fun thread!

We finished ours in January... but a problem with the shower floor necessitated removing the tile and starting again, and it's still not done :( I am hoping to hear from our installer with a date for this week. It's been agony not being able to use the beautiful shower!

Before:

After:

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Thanks Oakleijok and dee dee99. Oak my house was built in 1895. I was almost embarrassed to post my bathroom again because I have shown it on here so many times.

There are some gorgeous bathrooms on here. But if I had to choose (which I don't) I would go with the modern room of Sundownr. I normally don't like modern but I love that gorgeous black ceiling. I love to see when people don't play by the so called rules. ttodd has a black ceiling in her foyer, I believe, and it is to die for.

....Jane

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Igloochic the green paint is Olive Tree by Ralph Lauren

• dlfrun66
    13 years ago

Hi Gam1..Thanks! The Wood blinds were here when we moved into our house over 11 years ago. I checked the blind and do not see a company name, but I can tell you that they are 2 1/2 inch width. Sorry couldn't be more helpful. I'll let you know, if I find out more. They've really held up nicely. Look like that did the day we moved in.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Gorgeous bathrooms!

lukkiirish--can you provide some details about the candle sconce over your toilet?

• igloochic
    13 years ago

Thanks Jane. It's fabulous. Now I'm torn between it being in the bedroom or the smoking parlor LOL But I'll figure that out. It's a wonderful color for an old house!