Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishrose383

Sherwin Williams- Share your colors

irishrose383
16 years ago

Our builder uses SW paints. I would love to see pictures of any SW colors you chose to get ideas!

On another note, I am new here... how do I get back to any forum messages I have posted? Or do I just have to search on the page I posted it? TIA!

Comments (26)

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

We painted our dining and entry SW Hopsack. We love it and have had nothing but positive feedback from others.
    Monica

• tracey_b
    16 years ago

You don't have to restrict yourself to only SW colors--they can match about any color out there.....just take in someone else's paint strip and get them to do a test quart for you. I used SW paint last year when we finished our basement (I wanted to use their "Harmony" no-VOC paint), but several SW sample quarts I got were colors from other lines. I went through about 30 test quarts before settling on just the right shades/colors that both hubby and I could agree upon.

The SW colors we ended up choosing were Svelte Sage and Grassland (adjacent to each other on same color strip) and Blonde (actually, I mixed some Blonde with Ivoire--lighter than Blonde--from test quarts and liked the end result better than either alone, so I took that in to SW and they matched it for me. My non SW color was Laura Ashley "Spice", but matched in SW paint.

We liked the sage greens in the basement so much that when it came time to paint the "library" and adjacent dining room this week, I went with "Grassland".

Have fun!
    Tracey

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Welcome!! There are some great paint color threads on the Gallery. The gallery link is near the top, right of the page when you open up Home Decorating. Some of these are starting to get really old though so you may not be able to view all the photos and they also take quite a long time to load if you don't have high speed.

Decorating Gallery..check out the color threads

As to how to get back to your message, that's hard. I just keep scrolling through until I find my message. Another way is to do a search (box at the bottom) on your own screen name.

Good Luck and have fun here...it's addicting!
    Lindy

• fnmroberts
    16 years ago

This past winter we redecorated our entry, living and dining rooms. Paint colors are SW Duration Matte  Latte for the accent color in the Foyer, Kilim Beige for the Living/Dining rooms and Divine White beginning at the stairway landing, then continuing through the entire 2nd floor hall.

These colors are from the same color family. The rooms are linked from "My Page" if you wish to see them applied.

• bonniee818
    16 years ago

I have SW Ivorie, Blonde & restrained gold. here is the link to my album - hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's paint colors

• tracey_b
    16 years ago

Bonnie--lovely home. Can you tell me about the window treatment in your master bath? I have the same glass block window over my tub, but it's been undressed for several years because I didn't know what to do. I reaaaaly like yours!

Thanks!
    Tracey

• bonniee818
    16 years ago

Thank you Tracey! The fabric came from Interior Fabrics out of Madison, MS. YOu buy 2 different fabrics....one for the topside & one for the lining. It is a basic sort of swag hung on those swags holders that screw into the wall......came from Linen N things & I touched them up with my paint. the middle one is right under the crown molding, center of the window. the other two are on each side of the window, so middle of the swag is hung higher than two sides. You can drape it more into the window but I didn't want to put a ladder in my new tub. The seamtress that made them , said you could put pillows in your tub & then the ladder. My DH is 6 ft so he hung them without a ladder & I fluffed & straightened them standing on the sides of the tub. They match my pillows & colors in the master bedroom. I took a picture to the lady that sews & she made them for me. I also bought fringe for them. If you have more questions , I will be happy to answer them for you. HOpe this helps! bonnie

• tracey_b
    16 years ago

Hi Bonnie: Thanks for the information! I'm going to start looking at fabrics and refer back to your picture as needed.
    Tracey

• soonermagic
    16 years ago

We used all SW colors:

Pavillion Beige with Alabaster trim:

Bedroom is Silver Mist:

Future kiddo bath is Recycled Glass:

• redlodger
    16 years ago

Welcome, Irishrose! We won't start our build until next August but the colors I've chosen are:
    ceilings= Whole Wheat
    master suite, dining room and powder room= Toasty with some faux painting and stencil touches
    DS bedroom= Bracing Blue
    all the other rooms= Baguette

Bonniee-- I love your bathroom window treatment also. I was thinking about copying it until I remembered I've got two windows that come together in the corner where our jetted tub is :(

• ideamom
    16 years ago

We used SW Clary Sage in the kitchen. My daughter has SW Sassy Green in her bedroom. We have been pleased with SW paints!

• igloochic
    16 years ago

Bonnie...you're a drapery freak aren't you? I absolutely love your window treatments :) I particularly love the bedroom! So much so that I had to copy that pic and save it in the inspiration file! I have yards and yards of bronze silk for our bedroom windows and a gold crinkle silk for the lining....I like the double hanging treatment you have in yours and may have to play with that instead.

• bonniee818
    16 years ago

Hi igloochic.......Yes, I guess I am big on the drapes! :) I love silk ballgown looking drapes. Also when DH is out of town I need something to close & where we live , we have an incredible view so don't want many shutters. The bedroom ones were bought at Ray's in Jackson, MS. They aren't custom, we didn't have time. We were already in our home & the bright sunshine was waking us up early. LOL!
    We had those paper temporary things up & DH accidently tore them down one night & we made a trip to Wal-Mart at midnight to buy mini blinds. We have been here 4 yrs. now in May. Good luck with your WT & please post a pic when you finish.......the fabrics sound beautiful!
    Bonnie

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

We just did our bathroom upper walls in SW Crystal Clear (a very soft soft aqua which I love). I took this picture before our granite was put down - I've got to do some Photobucket updating!

• sdpa
    16 years ago

Everythign we'd painted, includind our front door but excluding our 1/2 bath has been w/ sw paint.

Front door: sundried tomato
    living room: torchlight
    dining room: true penny (or copper penny)
    hall and kitchen: celery color but that's not the name
    upstairs: 2 different khaki colors.

• tracey_b
    16 years ago

Soonermagic.....maybe you'll answer a Razorback's question? I love the look of Pavilion Beige in your hallway. It looks like the ceiling is the same color--is it? Does that beige have any noticeable undertones?
    Thanks!
    Tracey
    Transplanted Razorback

• lulu11
    16 years ago

We used all SW -- Softer Tan, Macadamia, Ivoire ,Restrained Gold , Jubilee and Svelte Sage Have Fun choosing!!

• carambula
    16 years ago

I used SW Whole Wheat and i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ! ( can you tell ..hee hee...)

• ttodd
    16 years ago

Karenforroses,
    That is a lovely shade! Very nice.

• amck2
    16 years ago

The SW colors we used in our home were: Creamy, Snowbound (for all our trim plus beadboard) and Comfort Gray, a truly beautiful shade that reads more like a silver sage.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    16 years ago

So far we have used Napery in our main living areas. It is a creamy, old world type color. Our dining room is Barn and my daughter's room is peach fuzz. I like the peach fuzz but wish I had stuck with my original intent of using spun sugar for her room.

• nami
    16 years ago

SW Silvermist - Master bed
    SW Nomadic desert - family room & kitchen
    And currently looking for a gold that is not too yellow.

• soonermagic
    16 years ago

Tracey - All of our ceilings are painted the same color as the walls. I'm pleased with that effect, even though I had never done that before. It really does make the crown moldings pop. I love the color of Pavillion Beige. I did not even want to try that color on the walls b/c the card read so pink, dull and uninspiring. My DH insisted on trying it, and it's definitely the right color for us. If it has any undertone its gray but in a warm way. I know that doesn't make sense. I can say that I do not get any pink from it on the walls.

• tracey_b
    16 years ago

Thanks, Sooner. I couldn't tell if you'd given the ceiling a different shade of the same color or not. I love it and wish I'd done my ceilings a little darker, if not the same (ours are only 10% of wall color and read "white" except in a couple of rooms where we have crown). I was wanting a color like yours when we chose (10 yrs ago), but I was too scared of color back then. We ended up with a light warm gray.

Anyway, I was liking Latte until I saw your pics of Pavilion Beige. Very similar, yet a little different.

Thanks for sharing.
    Tracey

• kelshazen
    8 years ago

soonermagic, what are your hardwood floors? They're beautiful and I am looking to redo mine!