Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

New nightstands are here!

Sueb20
10 years ago

I wish I had a before pic, but I don't. We recently got a new mattress, which sits up higher than the old one. Our previous nightstands were a bit petite to begin with, but they were really dwarfed by the new bed. They were a clean lined, cherry Shaker-ish style, and I wanted something a bit more "rounded". We still have a tall cherry dresser that coordinated with the nightstands, but we also have a bombay-style chest in black from Crate and Barrel that the TV sits on, so I could have stayed with cherry or black. Anyway, after a LOT of searching, I finally found the right size in a style I liked, and ON SALE! Woo hoo. Of course then I also had to get new lamp bases, because the old ones were black.

The pic is kind of dark, will post another up-close.

Comments (17)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Up close. I love having all this storage. Our previous nightstands had only one little drawer.

Oops, why is the pic sideways? Oh well. Maybe now you can't tell that the lamp shade is crooked.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Lovely. Love how you've decorated the one as well.

• kitschykitch
    10 years ago

I like them! Where are they from?

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Sueb20, all they require to upright photographs is a left click of the mouse.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

I really like those, sue. The storage is definitely a bonus.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hm, the left click of the mouse isn't working for me. Oh well.

Kitschy, they're from Restoration Hardware. Have never bought furniture from them before. I will say the delivery people were great -- they were supposed to deliver them about 10 days ago and called to say the nightstands didn't pass inspection so they returned them. I appreciated that they didn't try to deliver them anyway! The quality is decent but not fantastic -- for instance, the drawer glides aren't great -- but I love the way they look and they're not going to get much wear and tear.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I am sorry, Sue. I guess it depends on what programs we are using if they are compatible. I think they look great. It sounds like you got good service. I might want the drawer glide "fixed" because that is important now but if it does not work well now, it will be more important tomorrow (down the road). I think I might ask about that. I am sure at RH prices, they were not cheap so make sure it is right. Otherwise, I think they are nice and you should be pleased with the appearance, not to mention storage provided.

• funkyart
    10 years ago

It always seems like we are on parallel paths-- I also have been looking for nightstands that provide storage to replace my way too delicate, unsubstantial shaker-ish nightstands. My space is narrow but even still, the bed dwarfs the nightstands.

Love yours! They are a good height and "fit" the look. I really like the lamps too! You've given me an extra push to find the right nightstands for my room.

• sas95
    10 years ago

Those look great. I like the lamps, too!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Look at you....new stair runner, nightstands....what's next? You are motivating me to get back in gear and try to finish up some of my rooms!

• crl_
    10 years ago

Those are very nice! Thank you for posting them.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

They look wonderful. I use bachelor chests as my nightstands and it is wonderful to have so much storage space in a bedside table.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Picture is rightside up for me! I like those. Good choice!

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Funky, it seems like it took me forever to find the right thing, but it makes such a difference in the room. I don't know if I'm the only one, but it always seems like my master bedroom is the last on the list when it comes to decorating attention. I'm determined to get it right this spring! I have already also purchased new spring/summer bedding...now if it would just warm up a bit more around here!

• busybee3
    10 years ago

they look great!!

i will be shopping for stair runners soon and love the idea of new night tables, so might be following your lead there too! (ours are cherry and part of a set, but need at least to be refinished... but, more storage would be nice...!)
    and, i still need to check out RH for the library floor lamp (?- i think that's what it was called!) you got which i remember thinking would be perfect for reading in our new family room, once we move...
    so, you're giving me some great ideas!! :)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, I love that RH lamp... I really don't shop there much at all, but the lamps and my nightstands were good finds.

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

Your nightstands are fabulous! I only have one nightstand and have been wanting to buy a pair. I saw these on the RH site and really liked them. Too bad my space is tiny and I can only fit at most 20" wide nightstands.