Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about photoshop

Posted by hlove (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 8:58

I'd like to photoshop pics of our home's exterior in different colors, so we can decide which paint will look best. Is there a decent/relatively easy way to do this w/o using Adobe photoshop? I've tried whatever paint program I have on my computer, but it just comes out looking like a mess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about photoshop

If you post a photo i can do it for you. I have a smaller scaled down version of photoshop but it can give you the idea.

Love your kitchen btw!!
Amy

o

Thanks, Amy...for the offer and for the compliment!

I'd feel very guilty asking you to do that... are you sure?

o
no problem...

Positive! I can not guarantee any sort of perfection but i will try my best. It is great practice for me!

o

Okay, then! I have two or three color schemes I'd like to try out, but I think I need to take a pic of the house that also shows my neighbors' houses. Even though all of the houses are old and there is a variety of color, I'd hate to paint something that looks horrible next to the neighbors'!

My one neighbor just repainted, so I know the house will stay that color. Pretty sure the other one will stay the same, too. Anyway, I'll probably post back later today or tomorrow. Thanks again!!!

o

Use a hue/saturation layer or paint on a new layer in color blend mode. Painting on a normal layer just looks like a mess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here