Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teapot100_gw

Small accent rug in entryway

teapot100
11 years ago

We have a split level ranch so our entryway is quite small (maybe 3' square). We have a doormat just outside the door on the doorstep and then in the center of the entrway, we have a small round accent rug. Is it typical for guests for bypass the doormat and just wipe their shoes on the accent rug? We had only had the rug a couple of days when a friend came over and I was horrified to see her wiping her shoes on my cute little rug instead of the outdoor doormat. Should I expect everyone who comes to the door to do this? We had a number of small accent rugs in the entryway prior to this and I can't say I can recall anyone wiping their feet on them, including the friend in question. Maybe because it was so obviously a rug that it caught her eye and she thought, "Oh, I should wipe my feet on the rug" ? I don't know!

I just want to know if this is something I should expect on a regular basis and just relax or if I should get a new outdoor doormat that might catch my incoming guests' eyes first?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!