Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eagertopaint

Where to paint

eagertopaint
10 years ago

I have questions about where to stop the paint in my breakfast area and kitchen. It is lpresently a blue color in the bay window area. I am wondering if I should choose a lighter shade of blue or l light gray and carry the color through the entire area. I am wondering if it looks unfinished. I believe the blue color that is In The bay window area would be too dark of a color to,carry on into the kitchen area, therefore I am wondering if it looks ok as it is now or should I go to a lighter shade and do,the entire area. Thanks for your help.

Comments (13)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

You can post more than once in the same thread so at least keep your pics together.

Do you want the spaces to feel like 2 rooms or one. If 2, then use two colors...if one, then paint it all one color.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

I think I would leave the kitchen area as is and just add the blue paint to the island bottom that is now white.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I think it looks just fine the way it is and I like the tan on the island.

• eagertopaint
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for your help. Here is another photo to show the area. Wasn't sure if it kind of looked unfinished.

• eagertopaint
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another picture of bay window area

• madeyna
    10 years ago

Its missing something but I am not sure its paint, although paint might fix it.

• eagertopaint
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Msydena. That is exactly how I feel. Net sure what to do with it. That is why I was wondering if I should go with a lighter gray blue color snd paint the kitchen and breakfast area the same color.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Lighten up the paint that is blue and use one continuous color. Paint the lower area of the bar and that wall that is part of it a darker color. The room is out of balance due to the top heavy darks and bottom lights.

• madeyna
    10 years ago

The more I look at it the more I like that idea but the kitchen is reading dark so maybe use the same color that already in the breakfast area and cut it in half with white? A guicker fix just might be to taking down what you have above your cabs and put something up there with alot of blue. On the other hand with those beatiful cabs with lots of interest in the varieting hights maybe just take everything down from up there and paint the backsplash the same blue as the breakfast room would do enough to bring the color threw the space.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Here's your photo from the other thread:

And I'm reposting your second photo for those of us with laptop and desktop computers.

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

How or where does the blue paint end in the dining area? I like the way it wraps the corner in the kitchen. How about some lighting over the cabinets in the kitchen?

• eagertopaint
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a picture showing where the blue ends. This is a very open area leading into living area. still thinking maybe I should lighten the color and paint the entire kitchen breakfast area one color. Any more ideas.

• amck2
    10 years ago

I agree with the idea of making it one lighter color throughout the kitchen and breakfast areas. I think there is a lot to take in with the counter, staggered cabinets, paneled walls & windows in the adjoining room. Lots of different surfaces.

I think it's easier to take in the elements you'd want to highlight if the eye wasn't shifting with color changes.