Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nosoccermom

Quiz: What color should your front door be?

nosoccermom
10 years ago

For what it's worth. I just took it and did indeed end up with the color of my front door: Red.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz quiz: What color for your front door

Comments (39)

• patricianat
    10 years ago

I took it, and it ended up with orange, but the orange it showed was citrus (yuk) and I am in the market for orange, but more shrimpish coral.

• schicksal
    10 years ago

I got yellow. About the worst color our front door could be, given the color of our bricks.

• deegw
    10 years ago

Fun quiz!

Black: YouâÂÂre smart and talented, but never showy about it. YouâÂÂre private but not in an off-putting way. You enjoy tradition and formality, even if itâÂÂs your own version of it. YouâÂÂre neat, clean and organized, with a hint of eclecticism underneath. Your door should be black.

This is a fairly accurate description of me (especially the smart and talented part!) but my front door is turquoise. The front door of my previous home was black.

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Schicksal,
    it could just mean that you need to paint the brick or move because you're destined to have a yellow door.....

• Sugar Plum
    10 years ago

Deee,

I got black too, and my front door is turquoise! (and the front door of my previous home was black)

We must be living parallel lives :)

• msrose
    10 years ago

I got brown. How boring! Maybe I need to take another look at myself :)

Brown: YouâÂÂre so down-to-earth, some people mistake you for being too serious. You value security and smarts, and tend to gravitate toward natural beauty and materials. Maybe youâÂÂre an old soul, or maybe youâÂÂre just balanced. Your door should be brown.

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

Green. ugh. I'm a nature lover!

Green is indeed my favorite color, possibly tied with blueâ¦but NOT in paint. It is among my least favorite for paint colors.

I like black front doors! Harrumph!

• deegw
    10 years ago

Sugar-Plum - Too funny. I think we might be going through a color identity crisis. :)

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I took the quiz and my front door color was green, interesting because my house is painted green, although the front door is cream to match the trim.

Green: A true nature lover, you prefer being outdoors rather than in. YouâÂÂre most likely found entertaining family and friends in your backyard rather than in your dining room. YouâÂÂre smart, successful, creative and self-reliant. In your home everything is in order, not because youâÂÂre a neat freak, but because you feel thereâÂÂs a healing effect from having things in harmony. Your door should be green.

The description is reasonably accurate, except "In your home everything is in order, not because youâÂÂre a neat freak, but because you feel thereâÂÂs a healing effect from having things in harmony." I am definitely not a neat freak and thrive on a certain amount of clutter in my personal space. I do enjoy having everything orderly, but it just doesn't stay that way for too long!

• crl_
    10 years ago

I got blue. It is one of my favorite colors and I have painted a lot of things blue in my life, though never a door.

My actual front door is a gorgeous orginal 1926 door that is solid wood and has a unusual opening--kind of like a speakeasy door though it has always been just a residence. It is a lovely stained wood on the outside and I will not ever be painting it even though I think the brightly painted doors are awesome.

• msrose
    10 years ago

There were a couple of questions where more than one answer described me, so I took the quiz a second time picking the other answer and still got a brown door! My real door is a sage green.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Blue door for me. I also took the quiz answering for my husband and he was a brown door. I'm going to have him answer the questions to see if the color changes.

Our front door is actually gray.

ETA: I took the quiz again since a few questions had more than one correct answer (for me). The second time I got Hot Pink for my front door.
    My husband's answers also led to brown. I guess this proves I know him but I'm all over the place about myself. Our front door will remain gray.

This post was edited by hhireno on Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 10:07

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Blue. The last color I would paint my front door. Probably because I'm loyal and wear jeans all the time. Very true, but it's stupid to think you can translate that into a color.

Honestly, everyone knows these quizzes are stupid, right? For instance, the weekend question. I'm retired, so every day is the weekend. Also, the book choices. The books I've read most recently could not be ascribed to any of those choices.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Really? These are stupid? I guess I'll cancel the blue, hot pink,and brown paint order.

• peegee
    10 years ago

Took it twice with different but applicable answers for me and got....Black! Took a third time with the next best answers, and got...White!!!! IRL I would likely pick white, black, wood, or the house color! Was interesting!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I got black..but some questions didn't have answers that fit......don't think a black door would look good with white siding and charcoal shutters. Our door is burgundy.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    10 years ago

I got black too! But I'm planning to go for purple :-) Currently it's white

• OKMoreh
    10 years ago

It said black. The exterior walls of my house are grey, although much lighter than those in the illustration. I have been thinking blue (door is currently white).

• louislinus
    10 years ago

I got yellow and I do indeed have a yellow door. :)

• schicksal
    10 years ago

I'm thinking of a wood colored front door to show off the cool vintage escutcheon we got for the doorknob :-p Something that will sort of contrast with the antique brass colored, and play nicely with the oak/cedar garage doors on the other side of the place.

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

I'm green? Hmmm who knew? My door's are an orangy color and I love it.

• Kitch4me
    10 years ago

I got black the first time, then brown the second time.
    My house is gray and I have a red front door.

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

Blue? I don't think so. Blue with the orangey-red brick...double no. We plan to have a light-to-medium colored wood entry doors. Brightly colored doors do not seem to be as common in my area of SoCal, as they appear to be on design sites and in forums.

• cat_ky
    10 years ago

I took it too, and ended up with blue. While I like blue and it is one of my favorite colors, I would never put it on a front door. I like rusty red doors, and my front door will always be that color

• Irish2
    10 years ago

Another black! Our door is black on a gray house with white trim and
    black shutters.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Another black door here. Our door is dark-stained solid mahogany with glass panels in it. I designed it 4 years ago and had it custom made. I will never be painting it.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I got orange, my least favorite color. My front door is black and will stay that way.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

I got white which was ok given the description of 'me'. But it would be wrong for our house. Current is wood and I don't I tend to paint it. Many of the questions had answers that didn't exactly fit for me or could have been multiple answers. I didn't re-take it.

• luckygal
    10 years ago

Mine came up white which is what my front door is. However if there had been a choice I would have answered "none of the above" or "several of the above" to many of the questions so I'm not sure how valid the quiz is for me.

I've considered painting my front door a color but can't decide on an appropriate one so it's remained white for many years.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I got red, which is more of my personality, but our front door looks good black.

• sis3
    10 years ago

Fun! Yellow! Not the color of my door but I can imagine painting the door of my dream house yellow! My nickname at school was "Sunny"!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

White?!? Say what?!?

White: You like things clean and simple. YouâÂÂre constantly reinventing yourself and always open to new things. You find too much stimulation-- whether from colors, sounds, tastes or smells-- overwhelming and prefer calm, serene settings. Your front door should be white.

Well, my front door is natural mahogany... I suppose that's close to white in terms of being low stimulus....

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I got black but our current door in our primary home is cream and I hate it! We will be replacing it soon and we will probably go with a natural wood door in mahogany as this home has a cedar and stone exterior. Our other home indeed has a black door,

• Gooster
    10 years ago

OK wait for it.... Hot Pink! Seriously?

The actual color is red. To be honest the color before was a bit raapberry until I toned it down.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

OK, so I took it again and chose the alternative answers I almost chose previously. Yellow! 'YouâÂÂre contemplative and peaceful. You like to make statements, but in a guided, subtle way rather than being in-your-face. YouâÂÂre intelligent, but you never brag. And no matter what happens, youâÂÂre always able to see the bright side of things.' I'm still sticking with my wood door, but I did paint some adirondack chairs and a swing yellow once upon a time.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

I also had a few questions where 2 answers would fit fairly equally. So the first time I got black, then went back and picked the alternative answers (most questions I answered the same, though) and got blue. I do like both black and blue, in fact did consider blueberry for my door, but I was strongly drawn to red and that is what I have!

• User
    9 years ago

Brown. My door looks best black, but I'd love to have a red door.

I found more than one answer fit me for quite a few of the questions.

• amck2
    9 years ago

I got Blue. Interesting, as I have no blue in my interior decor, but my front door is blue. The color of the house exterior shown with the blue door is very similar to ours. Fun -

• lavender_lass
    9 years ago

Same here...some questions had two answers. First time I got brown, second time green. My favorite color is purple...but most of my house (inside) is brown and green :)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County