Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
VASTU Energetic Design

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 7:54

I have no idea what this is, but there will be a free talk in Ffld, CT for anyone interested on Saturday at 2pm.

Marianne Denniston, Interior Designer and Vastu Consultant will be presenting a slide show and discussion on Vastu, the Vedic Science of Architecture and Design. This
unique approach of Interior Design can transform your life, increasing prosperous and successful relationships and regenerting the balance between place, self, family and community. Bring your floor plans for a FREE Vastu analysis of your environment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Info and registration

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: VASTU Energetic Design

Isn't that the Hindu religion equivalent of feng shui?

o

I found this online -

"Vastu, the PhD of feng Shui is the Vedic science of layout, planning and design of buildings and spaces to manage the flow of energy."

o

That's what it sounds like, but I guess I'll find out for sure when I go....

o

OK, so I went. Some of it sounds sensible, some of it sounds crazy. The practice is very old, but whether it is effective, I struggle with that one...

This is not really feng shui...or it's more like feng shui on steroids...this claims to be "scientific" though I'm not sure what the proof is...but theoretically our bodies are made of water and are impacted by electro-magnetic fields, so creating a home or office that's properly aligned with these forces are supposed to bring better health and more success.

It's all about energy flows through the house based on how the house is shaped and how it is positioned relative to magnetic north. There are ways to "rectify" the house if it is built not according to vastu principles by the use of stones and crystals and such, buried in the ground.

She claims to have had a lot of positive feedback, even from skeptics when it comes to vastu design, but I'm clearly in the skeptic camp.

We definitely took energy flows into consideration when we built our house...the energy flows that cost $$$ like heating and cooling...but not the prana or the chi or whatever....

She suggested I sleep with my head in the other direction to see if I sleep any better...I guess it couldn't hurt to try that one....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here