Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
delilah66

Botanicals with a Modern Vibe - Pics

Delilah66
12 years ago

Made some changes in my powder room with these prints I made. Do they say spring to you?

{{!gwi}}

The Rembrandt print will stay (with something on the shelf), but I need to find/make a lighter replacement for the dandelion.

Comments (29)

• yayagal
    12 years ago

They sure do, they're wonderful!!!!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

They look great! Very nice!

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Spring dandelion?

Just kidding...they want $119 for this!!!

I love your new botanicals.

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Olychick - I have a camera and a printer. I think it would be VERY funny and may just do it. Thanks for the idea!

• mitchdesj
    12 years ago

Very pretty, I love those white frames !!!!

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

If you need photos of Dandelions (or some other flower), check out photos I took while in Alaska and Canada a couple years ago. I was so enthralled with the beauty and size of the Dandelions, snapping pictures non-stop, that a woman pulled my husband aside and said "she does know those are just weeds, right?" LOL

Below is a link to my flower picks. They are roughly organized by color so go through the slideshow (or the thumbnails at the bottom) until you see yellow. If you see one that you like, let me know or just copy it out of my album.

Jodi-

Here is a link that might be useful: Alaska and Canada Flora

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jodi - Those pictures are beautiful! Thank you for the link.

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Gorgeous pictures, Jodi! Thanks for sharing.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Glad you're enjoying my pics. (not "picks" which is what I wrote earlier ... sheesh LOL)

Jodi-

• lolauren
    12 years ago

java -- I like your DIY art :) Looks bright and definitely spring-like.

jodi....... those are gorgeous. You have a great eye :)

I like this linked one a lot, although many others:

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

Jodi - Those are gorgeous pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Lolauren, that is one of my very favorites!

That was taken in Juneau, AK. The exact spot is the small grassy area on the left about half way up the street. I've been told they are tulips before they open.

Jodi-

• cindyloo123
    12 years ago

Jodi those photos are beautiful! It's very generous of you to share. I am planning to blow up a bunch of photos of flowers and frame them and I would love to you a few of yours.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I think they are poppies before they open. :) In the dandelion series I LOVE the one with the bee in the center and the purple wings. You do have a great eye and great skills capturing what you see.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

You're right Olychick, I even wrote Oriental Poppy in the description. Doh.

These photos were taken with a ten year old Olympus point and shoot super zoom camera. So old that it can't handle a memory card larger than 256k!

Jodi-

• cindyloo123
    12 years ago

Javachik I really like what you did with those prints. Can you tell us how you made them? Also, I can't figure out what that top blue picture is?

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jodi (or anyone) - Is there a trick to copying others' photos from Photobucket? I tried a dandelion and the Oriental poppy and got a thin colored line???

Cindy - All the prints are plants/leaves of some sort, even the weird top one. I painted an irregular border of frisker (a masking solution; the brand I used was Friskit) on cold pressed board (water color paper) and let it dry. Then I placed the foligage on the paper, letting parts extend onto the frisker border. Spray paint one thin coat and remove the foliage. When the paint is dry, rub off the frisker. Float-mount the print onto a larger piece of cold pressed board using acid-free, double-sided tape and frame without matting. The frames are 11x14 from Michaels and cost about $8 during sale w/coupons.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Javachik, when you find the image you like, right mouse click on it and select Save Image to save to your hard drive. Photobucket does have an option where the owner can disallow the copy function (though there are ways around that).

Not sure if you can copy from my slide show so below is a link to my actual album. Plus, here are the two photos I think you were interested in.

Jodi-

Here is a link that might be useful: Alaska and Canada Flora

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

If the owner has disallowed copy function, however, that should probably be respected.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Of course Cyn, I just mentioned it because someone else was likely to add it on to my comment if I hadn't. :-)

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Jodi! I think I saw a dandelion puff-ball in your photos, too, with the greenery in the background. All so very pretty!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    12 years ago

Javachik, very cleverly done! I didn't realize you had made those prints...beautiful!

Jodi, your photos are lovely...thanks for bringing back memories of Butchart gardens....what a beautiful place.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

You're welcome Javachik. Here is the dandelion puff. It was taken in a place called Icy Point Strait, Alaska.

Went on a hike yesterday and found myself some gorgeous California Poppies to photograph. It was a wonderful Easter and picture perfect day here in Southern Calif.

Jodi-

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jodi - Thanks! I feel like I should be making contributions to your photo shoot vacation fund!

Java

• jswell32
    12 years ago

I found the instructions in Better Homes and it wa so easy!!!

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Please post a link to the instructions JSWELL3.

Javachik, having people enjoy my photos is payment enough.

Jodi-

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

Thanks jswell3, and here I was trying to recreate the pics using Photoshop. :-)

Jodi-

• Delilah66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jswell3 - Yours look AMAZING!