Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
8 x 9 Bedroom

Posted by happycamper1 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 0:30

Any suggestions on how to arrange an 8' x 9' bedroom? One one 8' wall there is a window with about 1' of space on each side. On the opposite 8' wall is the door and a closet which together take up the whole wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 8 x 9 Bedroom

What size bed and other furniture you have? Also are the two nine foot walls all wall?

o

Yes, the 9' walls are all wall. And the 8' window wall actually has 2' of wall on either side of the window rather than 1' on each side. I am downsizing and the furniture I have isn't working, so I'm interested in the best layout so I know what I need to acquire. The room needs to sleep 1 person.

o

Does the closet provide adequate storage, or will you need additional drawer or shelf space? How much room does the open door take on the adjacent wall? What kind of doors are on the closet - bifold. bypass, other? Do you want a TV in the room? A desk? What is the height of the wall under the window?

o

Is the room going to be used all the time or is it a spare room for guests? Will there be other functions such as office or reading room? Is it a child's bedroom or an adult bedroom? Too many variables to really give good help. I have lots of Small Space Ideas but need more info.

Lil

o

18" to each side + 54" = 7.5 feet so if you arramged a bed and small nightstands on each side along one wall you could get a full with access on both sides.

A twin is 39" so 6" minimum near the wall for making the bed =45" that gives you 41" on one side of the bed for dresser.

Both beds will require about 7 feet in length, so without seeing the room, it would seem to make sense to run the bed parallel to the long side of the room for full access.

If you wanted to make it like a day bed, you could run the bed all along one 8 wall. This will give you more floor space but beds like this are not always easy to make.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here