Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imsmilng

bed for DD

imsmilng
9 years ago

I need to pick a bed for my 4 year olds room. I like the two Wesley Allen iron beds below. I am leaning toward the sparrow bed (second one) in possibly antique white or soft green. However, I have always liked the pottery barn bed shown last. I want something that will transition with her; I will definitely be getting a full size.

What do you all think?

Comments (9)

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I like the PB bed.....it's simple enough to go with any style or decor down the road and will be much easier to make without a footboard, especially for a kid.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I like the PB barn. It looks perfect for a girl, but I also wouldn't want bars in a kid's room as they could get stuck between them. Also, bar are so uncomfortable to lean against while reading.

• msrose
    9 years ago

The first one doesn't do anything for me, but I adore the other two. I would invision how you want to decorate the room or which fits best with how it currently is.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

My DD has the sparrow bed but without the footboard, which makes it much easier to make the bed and navigate around in a small room. She's 13 and still loves it. The one we have is a lighter, ivory color.

I like the PB bed, too.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I would prefer the white one also but, take a look at this one, we just bought it for our grand. I like that it has storage and a headboard you can lean back on while reading. The storage is wonderful for their books and toys.

Here is a link that might be useful: another option

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    9 years ago

I'll just agree that a storage platform bed is so nice. My boys' (9 and almost-5) have matching twin captain's beds in a tiny shared room -- the beds are far enough apart that they can both open their cabinets and drawers w/o crashing them together (thankfully, as the beds are as far apart as they can be).

But if storage is not an issue, than I like the wood bed from PB -- it seems more versatile to me. I tend to think about that though, how furniture might grow with kids. And if/when it's ever outgrown, it's still very nice for a guest room.

• WendyB 5A/MA
    9 years ago

The sparrow bed is cute, but down the road will you tire of it? I'm thinking future guest room bed after she's out. Maybe that's TOO far off to consider

I like the first one. timeless, classic.

The 3rd one is nice, but seems too elegant and grand for a 4yo. Althought it kinda evokes Disney and princess though, so that might be cool to work with.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I must admit to being partial to the WA beds. I actually think they are both lovely. I like the third as well, but to me at least, looks more child-like.

• User
    9 years ago

Bed #2 with bird, hands down. And I could easily imagine it as a guest bed. The other two, meh. That pottery barn bed is everywhere.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm