Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kyshine3

Shower/tub Combo

kyshine3
10 years ago

Just wondering if anyone still has a shower/tub combo and if so would you mind sharing pictures?

Thank you

Comments (12)

• badgergal
    10 years ago

I have one in my hall bathroom but it is an one piece acrylic unit and I don't like the looks of those. My daughter is in the process of having her tub/shower redone. She is using a porcelain tile from Daltile, called Florentine Carrara. Even without the grout, I think it looks really nice.

• Jeannine
    10 years ago

I haven't updated the baths in my new home, but here was our shower/bath combo in my old condo.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Jeanine...mine is very similar to yours, with the exception of plumbing on other side and toilet facing tub. It has the original iron tub in perfect condition. This is my only bathroom in a small home. Other than visitors, I'm a bath girl. Couldn't do without the bath. Original had some wall covering from long ago, pulled all out and tiled. I also built a 7' add on to the edge of tub for necessities and tilled top and sides. Made a huge difference in the room itself.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

We have tub/shower combos in our hall bathroom and in our MB. Our bathrooms are very, very small. The MB originally just had a shower stall, but when we renovated it, we replaced it with a tub.

We installed Toto cast iron tubs, tiled the tub surrounds (incl the ceilings--we removed the soffits, which really opened up the space above the tubs), and installed curved shower rods.

I think bathrooms with tub/shower combos can look really nice (like jeanninepc99's!!).

• bpath
    10 years ago

When we remodeled our bathroom in the last house, in 2001, we actually replaced a shower with a combo. There wasn't room for both, and while I usually shower sometimes I like a bath, and didn't want to schlep my gear into the kids' bath...besides, wine and rubber dinosaurs just don't mix. We also added a tiled ledge at the back, it looked nice and was very handy.

In our house now, the shower is lovely, but I still miss my tub. The rubber dinos are gone from the boys' bath, but now I have to clean their tub and clear the shaving gear from their counter to enjoy my bath, but it still smells like Axe LOL!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

This is the shower/tub combo in our DD's/guest bathroom:

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    10 years ago

This is not nearly as nice as those posted above but here is one we just installed. The old one was tan and shallow with grungy gold shower doors so this is an improvement.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

In my hall bath I have a shower/tub combo and when I replace everything, I'm going to put in a new shower/tub combo. The bathroom is 10 x 5 and no way could I have a separate tub and shower. My current setup has glass doors but I will be replacing those with a curtain. Tres retro.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

We have two of them in both upstairs bathrooms:
    Hard to get a good picture because they are small baths:

One of them is off the room my dad stays in when he comes to visit and he hates it, says he finds it very difficult to get in and out and wishes that we had just done a big shower for him (we should have thought to ask before we built, but didn't).

• amykath
    10 years ago

Here is mine from a previous home. Great photos of beautiful baths here!

• kyshine3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! Thanks everyone for sharing!
    Juddgirl2 and Aktillery would you mind sharing if you know the name of the tile you used and what tile you used for the flooring
    Jeanninepc99 love your bath and wish I could copy!
    The issue I'm having planning to re-sale in few years and the trim in the bath is oak stain. I don't want to change the trim not sure how that would look.
    Rob2342 could you give me information on your tub/shower thinking I might replace a guest bath.
    Again Thank you for sharing

• amykath
    10 years ago

Kyshine, not sure the name of the tile. It was a travertine. The shower tile is botticino marble polished.