Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've been through FL with a house with no name...

Posted by jterrilynn (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 23:22

It felt good to be out of the rain/snow lol (America, horse with no name)). Anyhow, I bought this 83' house that has no identity except that somewhere in the back of someone's piped out dreams it all wanted to be midcentury style but never made it. On top of that it's been muddled over the years too almost the point of no return. The cost of giving it a full identity is prohibitive to the neighborhood, plus the neighborhoods HOA's rules are not conducive to going full Monte. An example is that if one needs a new roof it must be cement tile or a barrel look cement tile. So, I'm giving it a small (very small) nod to it's wanna be self.

The room in question is the master bathroom. It will be gutted!

Would you all please share photos of master baths that give a nod to a look that may work in this wanna be house?

I really need some inspiration.

(((Or, can you help me get in touch with certain elements I should look for.)))

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've been through FL with a house with no name...

::;Humming:::

You are in luck. I have been working my way through 938 bathroom photos.

see the link

Here is a link that might be useful: 938 photos of bathrooms

o

Thanks for that MTN! I think I’m starting to get a grip on my likes although I’m still not through all the pictures. I think I want some sort of contemporary brass fixtures, taps and such. Do you think that would be weird? I like brass.

o

Here's a link with all bathroom with brass fixtures.

Here is a link that might be useful: bathroom with brass fixtures.

o

Not at all, brass is back. I just got brass for one of the bathrooms in our vacation house. I wanted it for the kitchen too but could not find the style i wanted in unvarnished brass. I don't want the yellow brass that never changes...

o

mtn - Have you seen the post from threeapples about discoloration on her counter? There was some speculation that it was caused by her brass faucet. Don't have time to search for the specific post but I thought you should have a heads up.

o

No, I didn't see that. Thanks Deee, I will go look. It ended up that I only used brass in the girls' bath, and they have glass tile and a porcelain sink so I'm probably ok ... but I will look!

o

Mtn, if you happen to come across non-shiny more transitional looking facet brands let me know.

Yayagal, I saw some great idea's on that site. One was a vanity with a slate tile countertop, loved that. I'm so bored with the countertop solid material search and the installer search and how it resembles buying a used car.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here