Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherry63_gw

Color coordination

cherry63
10 years ago

Hi, I have a small problem...

I have a beautiful sofa and loveseat in rich red microfiber that I love. I have dark pine paneling, yes I know it's dated but I do NOT like painted paneling, don't have the money to replace so I am choosing to love it too...

the living room is open to the dining room which is open to the kitchen (like a big U with the living room on one side of a wall, and kitchen on the other (you can't see the kitchen from the living room)

You can see the dining room from the living room and you can see the kitchen from the dining room..

so the colors need to flow together.

so...I have dark woods on wall, end tables, dark linoleum, cabinets and doors. Dark red on the upholstery..my dining room table is light pine with cream chairs (again, not replacable at the moment but I am open to buying soon..)

the rest of the house is done in pastel blues and greens.

I want to encorporate the red and a shade of blue in the kitchen...do I sound completely off the wall, are you all cringing in shocked disgust? I don't know what to do!

The kitchen needs some serious lightening up IMO, so I am going to pull the wall paper off and paint it, I am considering painting the inset panels on the cabinet and thought there might be an opportunity to bring the red from the living room and add the blue together in a stencil? any ideas at all?

Comment (1)