mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

I came across this, and had to share.

Comments (27)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And then there is this one...

I kind of like the idea of the assorted lights.

• hostanista
    10 years ago

Can't beat a bike sink!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hostanista )very cute name),

Someone posted that before. I love it! For a PR of course

• cawaps
    10 years ago

The second one made me think "For people who love to dust."

The first one is disturbing.

• crl_
    10 years ago

Disturbing is right on that first one. The second makes me think one spouse couldn't decide and the other spouse said just get them all and then they did. Lol.

I actually love the bike sink.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Too much LSD in the world.

• xc60
    10 years ago

That first one would be drafty, brrr! The second, way too many things going on. The third is kind of on trend now with all the wheels on furniture I've been seeing lately. Wagon or baby carriage coffee tables of course, lead to a bicycle bathroom sink ;).

• PeaceOfHome
    10 years ago

Something about the bike i like - where in the world do you find these things?

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

Ha-ha I read the comment with the first photo too quickly and it registered as "I came across this, and had to stare."

• allison0704
    10 years ago

The bathrooms mtn posted are whacky, but I love the whimsical bicycle vanity and wrote about it years ago. The mirror top/bottom is made from a trombone case, the sconces are coach lights and the ceiling fixture in the bathroom is made from a snare drum. They were created by Benjamin Bullins.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Bath No. 1-----just plain ewwwwwww!

Bath No. 2----I need 22 lights to get my makeup right.

Bath No. 3---love it...so creative!

• Chadoe3
    10 years ago

That toilet on a balcony gives "being on the throne" a whole new meaning!

• awm03
    10 years ago

You'd have to pump the bike tires regularly or else the tubes go flat and the tires pull away from the rims. Not very attractive.

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Oh boy, I wish I had a picture of the third bathroom in the house I just bought. There is a double siding door with a toilet next to it. The house next door is maybe twelve feet away and there is nothing obstructing the view. People have actually lived with this for over thirty years. The master bath had a partial re-new where a shower was added to an area where there was yet another double sliding door. They just put an interior wall over the slider and tiled it. The exterior slider is still intact and painted with what looks like chalk board paint. The vanities are only 30â high and I would have to practically get on my knees to sit on the lowest smallest toilet in the world.In a half bath someone decided to put up a vanity light except itâÂÂs over the toilet not the vanity. Lovely! Gut gut gut!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

The first one reminded of some hotel bathrooms I've been in with one way glass, with windows open to the world.

There are also public restrooms with one way mirrors (in London, and Texas, see link below). Infamously, some nightclubs have installed them between the men's area and women's wash basin area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Avoid Mirrored Bathrooms

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Allison, I just noticed the trombone case! Love the bike sink and wish I could see the snare drum light. Will have to search around and find that.

The first one - Way too much information is being shared, even if that is a Master 'en suite' of sorts. Just wrong.

#2 - What Joanie said, lol! How does one keep from hitting your head on something?

Thanks for sharing, Mtn.

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

Glass floor over an abandoned shaft?

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I guess it would depend what kind of room is open to that bathroom, but I kind of like it. I'd hate to have a closet under it if there was a leak though.

• Chadoe3
    10 years ago

That toilet on a balcony gives "being on the throne" a whole new meaning!

• busybee3
    10 years ago

omg... is that last bathroom for real!? a toilet and sink over an abandoned mine shaft is the wackiest of wacky!!!

i would have to classify the 2nd pic as being wackier than the 1st--- tho you have to be very comfortable with your nudity to be able to deal with the 1st!!

the bike vanity is neato!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

The shaft bathroom.....I'd be so scared....well.... let's just say having the toilet right there would be very handy!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Yowzah, I don't think I could use that toilet over the shaft...too scary! Unless of course it literally scares the s*#! out of you!

I can't believe the one on the balcony! No No No!!!

• hostanista
    10 years ago

Good one AnnieDeighnaugh !

And yes, throne toilets do exist. This whole post is going down the toilet! :) !!

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Would not like walking on the glass floor, but the shaft is cool looking.

Here is a bath that is different, some might think whacky. The tub is hidden under a wooden slat floor. The shower curtains on either side leads me to wonder if the space is used as a shower when the door/floor is in place. It's in a Tuscany convent turned home, and they wanted to stay true to the building's past. I think it's a neat idea. For someone that seldom takes a tub bath or is tight on space, it's an interesting option... although getting in/out might not be much fun.

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

Being a guy, I'm prejudiced, but the bathroom below doesn't look wacky. Perhaps the ladies will think differently. Maybe could turn the toilet room debate into a urinal room debate. :-)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

That bathroom over the shaft....no way I am totally freaked out over heights and had to lol over Joanie's remark.

• DreamingoftheUP
    10 years ago

The shaft bathroom is for real. It's in a luxury penthouse in Mexico. The shaft goes down 15 stories.

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this the world's most terrifying bathroom?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH