Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megpie77

Polly929-question for you!

megpie77
14 years ago

Hi there. I think you responded to my post about slipcovers and kids and if I remember correctly you have the JC penny linden street sofa? How long have you had it? Are you still happy with it? Do you have any pix?

thanks!

Comments (9)

• polly929
    14 years ago

Hi Megpie77-

Yes it was me. I love the sofa. I actually have the sectional. We got it last summer, in July. I am very happy with it. The only thing is- we had our third child the end of June. I ordered it in the spring and it was on backorder. I ordered it while I was still pregnant. DS has awful reflux- and I can't tell you how many times he has puked on it. Sorry so graphic. I wasn't counting on it since my girls never had this problem. I usually just spot clean, and there are water marks on the fabric. It says dry clean only- but from what I remember from the online reviews- and there were hundreds of them- plenty of people machine washed it. (those reviews are now gone since JC penney has now changed the sofa to have more choices in color of fabric and shapes of sectionals) I am waiting for the weather to get a little better, and I'm going to wash the cushion covers and let them air dry. DS is 8 months- and the puking has definitely gotten better.
    The one thing I thought was wierd about it was the placement of the zipper. It is smack in the middle of the back of the sofa. It wouldn't be a big deal if it were against a wall, but mine is floating in the room. I am at work right now- and I don't have pics. I will take pics for you, and post them.
    I am happy with it. I would say it is a great value. It is super comfortable, and comes apart so you can get it virtually anywhere in a house. I searched for sofas for a year before deciding on this one. I have young children and did not want to spend an arm and a leg on something I knew was going to get beat up by them. My SIL has an Ethan Allen sofa, she purchased hers about 6 months before mine. She has 3 kids around the same age as mine, and it is really looking shabby already (drooping cushions). My sister has the Ikea Ektorp- and hers is not nearly as comfortable as mine.

• megpie77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Congrats on havin your third little one (though he's already eight months old)! And it sounds like you work so I understand about not having time to post a pic.
    The sectional has the perfect configuration: 128 length one way and 100 lenth other way (estimates). I too do not want to spend an arm and a leg but I do want fairly good quality because I plan on having this for a long time. We've had some poor quality couches that just couldn't stand up to our living, and we're not careless or anything...just poor construction furniture. Thanks again for your feedback. Pics would be great only if you have the time, otherwise I totally understand!

• polly929
    14 years ago

Sorry megpie- I forgot to mention I am at work and photobucket is blocked here. I have a crazy busy day tomorrow, I can post pics for you on Friday.

• megpie77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Don't worry about the pics. It sounds like you are very busy. I bought it today with some great discounts in khaki so it's a done deal! I can't wait for it to arrive. Now if I could just pic a paint color.

• polly929
    14 years ago

I know you already ordered it, but I'll show you a pic anyway.

• megpie77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you! It looks great. Is this the khaki or natural? It's kinda hard to tell. It looks great anyhow. My mom convinced me to get the khaki but now I don't know what color to paint my walls. I wanted the natural and knew what color I was going to paint them. Oh well. Perhaps I'll buy an extra slip.
    Thanks again.

• polly929
    14 years ago

When I ordered mine they only offered 3 colors, Pearl, Olive and Denim. They now offer more colors which I think is awesome. I am thinking about ordering another cover so I can have a darker one for the winter.

Wish I could help you with paint colors. My whole first floor is an open floor plan and it is either a creamy Ivory color (Malted Milk by Valspar) or a very neutral beige. I had a lot of bold colors in my first house and wanted something more quiet for this home.

I have BM Wedgewood Grey (more of a blue) in my bedroom, it's a really pretty color, and it would look great with the sofa.

• megpie77
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks polly-I painted a large portion of the walls silver sage by RH. (perhaps similar to wedgewood grey) I have dark corners in my home and the color of blue/grey is almost too intense for my home. But I really appreciate the suggestion. Blue/grey looks great with khaki. I haven't rulled it out just yet.

• polly929
    14 years ago

I would buy some nice floor lamps to brighten up the dark corners- that color looks great to me.

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living