Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do these chairs work with this table?

Posted by lmh512 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 21:57

Help! I am trying to find chairs to go with a table I just found. I also trying not to spend a fortune on the chairs. This is for our kitchen. I really like black or dark chairs with lighter tables. Does this combination work? I want to put the ladderback chairs with the round table? Would this look OK? Please be honest. Thank you so much!! (I don't know how to paste the pics in, but I have a link to the pictures)

Here is a link that might be useful: Table and chairs (look at this set on flickr)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do these chairs work with this table?

Well, I think flickr just flickered cause the above link took my to the organizing page of my own photos on flickr. Weird.
TESTING:
Rockies from airplane 5

Well that worked so here's how you add photos from flickr into your message.
1. pick the photo you want to share and click on "all sizes" above the photo.
2. that photo will open up where you can choose what size you want to share by clicking on the size choices listed above the photo.
3. once that's done scroll down and you'll see two ways to link. The first one (longer by far) is what you need. Just copy and paste it into your message.

It won't show the photo until you preview the message. It's that simple.

o

OK thank you! Here goes:

Table:
tuscany-round-table-54a

Chairs:
chairs

o

I love the idea of mixing the light and dark and I LOVE ladderback chairs. I have them with a round table in my kitchen too!

It might be the pics, but these chairs seem a little bit bulky for this table. It might just be the pic- have you seen them IRL?

o

If it helps any, I have a wood round table with black wheat back chairs. I love the look!
Photobucket

o

My first response right away was 'no' but then whenI saw KMCG's dining set I think that looks super nice! Beautiful.

Go for it.

o

Love Kmcg's table & chairs.

My table has the same scroll on the bottom as your round table. I used ladderback chairs -
Photobucket>

Smiles:)

o

Love both your tables!! I also love the scroll on your rectangle table. Guess that explains why I like my round one so much. Any suggestions on where to get chairs that would work with my table that I can afford? I really want them to have fabric on the seat. My kids are older now and we want to be comfy. :) I really like the dark with the lighter color. I'm just not sure if these dark chairs are the ones (they are actually not black; they are "tobacco - or at least that's what "they" call it.

o

Love the table and chairs together!!!!

o

Great looking chairs- where are they from? have you seen them in person?- i think the tobacco color looks beautiful & would go well after looking at kmcg's and scoobyruby's pictures.

Scoobyruby- love, love, love your table!

o

I love the table and the chairs, but what is the diameter of the table? The chairs look wide and tall and might overpower a small table.

Our kitchen pine table is 48" round. I am currently using my dining room chairs until we find the right ones. These chairs are 39" high and 16" wide just to give you an idea of scale.

I like the dark chairs with the lighter table.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

I got my ladderback chairs on craigslist- it is a great resource when you can't find what you want, or are on a limited budget like me!!! The table was given to us by my hubby's parents when we got our first house.

Photobucket

o

I love all of the ladderback chairs!
I am looking for the same thing and just keep hoping that 8 perfectly matched black chairs show up on Craigslist for $25.00 each :-) Since that doesn't seem highly likely, these are the runners up, they are from Ashley Millennium and are from the Rowley Creek Collection. They seem to be running around $95-$110 a chair around here. Here is a pic! Happy shopping!

Rowley Creek
Photobucket

o

Wow. Thank you soooomanyboys! I like the chairs you found.

In answer to some of the questions, the round table is 54 inches in diameter. The chairs are actually from Paula Deen's new furniture collection. You can find it at Dillard's. She also has a round 58" table with a leaf, but it's the same color as the chairs and I really wanted something a little lighter for the table. Also, the table I posted has a leaf, which is kind of nice.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It helps so much!!

o

I looked a long time for chairs to go with my antique drop leaf table. I don't know if this is the style you're looking for, but I bought mine from Target (online) last year. They don't get alot of use, but are holding up nicely. (Sorry for the quality of the picture - I'm not a very good photographer.)
Breakfast room

o

You are welcome lmh. I like the looks together that you posted. Have you thought of checking out Craigslist if you have one near you? Most of the time they'll have a table attached in pricing, but sometimes you can just get the chairs. It would certainly be worth checking out. I just bought a set of ten chairs off CL for only $50.00!

o

kmcg85 -

Where did you get your table. I really like it!

o

Thanks for the info- I just checked out the Paula Deen furniture website- never heard of it before!
There are some really nice looking pieces- good luck!

o

definitely the color chairs with the table works great., and i just love both the table (great table) and the chairs. What size is the diameter of the table? It appears to be a bit small in proportion to the chairs? If not then I say 'go for it!

o

Oopsie913,

Thank you for your feedback. The table is 54 inches in diameter and has a leaf that extends the table to oval - 72 inches. It is solid and a bit bulky. I hope it's not to bulky and big for a kitchen.

How do I know if the table is the "right proportion" for the chairs?

Thanks again!

o

To me, "right proportion" is an eyeball thing. You know it when you see it. Then there is the "if it's an I don't know, it's a no".

There might be a good rule somewhere.

o

lmh512 - I am also looking for a pedestal base table that is around 54" plus leaf. I like the one you are looking at - is it also part of Paula Deen's collection from Dillards?
BTW - I don't think that a 54" table would be too bulky unless your kitchen eating area is small. I don't know how many are in your family, but if there are more than four people, a smaller (ie 48" round) table will be too small to use comfortably without the leaf. We have a 48" round table and have had to use the leaf since our three kids became teenagers and needed more 'elbow room'. I am looking forward to getting a table big enough to use without the leaf!

o

gilmoregal -

Paula Deen's collection (made by Universal furniture) has a round table 54" with a leaf. It is exactly the same color and finish as the chairs I posted. I really wanted my table to be a little lighter and I am not a big fan of the matchy match look. If you take a look at the Paula Deen table, tell me what you think.

The table I am looking at is from a company called Grass Roots Imports based in San Antonio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here