Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

What's hanging on your bathroom walls? ... Pics please!

rufinorox
12 years ago

Trying to get ideas of what I can hang on our bathroom walls. Show me how you filled your wall space.

Thanks!

Comments (29)

• polly929
    12 years ago

I don't have a picture, but I have 3 small framed black and white pictures of each of my children taking a bubble bath as infants.

I don't have a big bathroom, so I don't have too much wall space.

I can take a pic and post if you'd like when I'm at home, but I'm not there right now.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's very sweet! Pics always help. I have a small bath too and I'm wondering if I should fill the space or not.

• birdgardner
    12 years ago

I can't send a picture because I'm painting but I've got seven small Lizars bird prints on the walls - think I'll put up another few when I'm done - am stencilling bamboo so it will be like they're perching there.

Tiny bath - about 4'x7' counting shower.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

All three of our bathrooms are small. The guest bathroom is longish, but very narrow. The other two are roughly 5' x 7 1/2' incl tub (hall bath), and 5' x 7' incl tub (MB).

Guest bathroom:

Hall bathroom:

MB:

• andee_gw
    12 years ago

My hall bath with coral reef shower curtain:

and the small master bath (pictures of berries reflected in the mirror:

• polly929
    12 years ago

It's a very small bathroom with some odd angles because of the sloped roof line. There was once a shower door, but it would leak so we took it down until we can have one custom made, so the bar where the curtain hangs looks odd so low, but because the shower is angled we couldn't do it any other way.

You can see the pics of my babies, and a few other things on the walls.

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

I don't know if this will help because, living here in New Mexico, my idea of art is probably not anything you would use . . . but, the general ideas might.

Powder Room:
    In this first pic you can see that I've used a reverse painted old window (3 santos) and a basket that I keep filled with cuttings and pine cones from the hundreds of pinon pine trees on our property here. They make a great (and free!) natural air freshener. Hanging below the basket is just a card that I loved and had matted and framed at HL:

The etagere does double duty on one wall, holding smaller pieces of art as well as extra tp and hand towels,etc.

Bathroom #2 is across the hall from our guest room. Both are decorated with Western art:

These are just two calendar pages that I had matted in old frames:

And a more lighthearted piece per DD's request:

Master bath is done in a more Coastal Spanish look, which works well with our MBR:

On the wall next to my dressing table I have small family photos in old wood and silver frames:
    {{!gwi}}
    Lynn

• susanka
    12 years ago

Our powder room has a "shell" feel to it.

Our guest bath has rainforest green marble on the counter and in the shower, so we have photos of a rainforest on the wall.

Master bath, near the tub we have a row of three Degas nudes at their baths. I don't have any photos of those.

• suero
    12 years ago

Not my bathroom:

• porkandham
    12 years ago

polly929 - I love the pictures of your babies! So cute!

The hall bath has nothing on the walls. It's a narrow ractangular bath from the 1950s. It does have a window on the short wall at the end, and to add some interest I hung an extra long chinoiserie toile shower curtain.

This is in the WC in the master bath. It was painted by DH's mother when she was 12.

{{!gwi}}

I have Thai temple rubbings in the basement guest bath.

{{!gwi}}

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! Some great feedback. I was thinking of adding a hand towel rack to the right of our sink. Is there a height that it should be? Or as long as it clears sink and looks ok?

• andee_gw
    12 years ago

If you look back at my master bath picture, you'll see the towel rack is a bit too high. I searched hard to find towels that were long enough to cover most of the wall area and not look skimpy. Those are the only ones in existence and they've been there for years. I didn't think about the height until after the "guys" hung the racks. You might first get the towels you want to hang, and then place it how you would any wall hanging -- where it looks best to you. (I'm sure there is some rule that I don't know about!)

• rafor
    12 years ago

Great bath decor.

cat mom: love your ruffled shower curtain. So funky and fun. I also like what little of the backsplash I can see in the MB. Very cool and different. Can you post a larger picture of that please?

lynninnm: love all your tile and those punched tin light fixtures.

I have a funky bath that all the men love. Me not so much. The previous owners "panelled" it in galvanized roofing sheets. That also forms the shower stall. Yeah, it's different too :) Can't believe I don't have a picture of it to post! I'll have to dig one up.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    12 years ago

Upstairs bath -

First floor half bath -

Basement half bath -

• Tmnca
    12 years ago

I don't have any pictures of my pictures uploaded, but we have in the master bath 2 large blowups of photos we took at Pacific Grove with beautiful blue ocean and sky, framed in simple black Ikea frames. We have blue towels and mats that match the ocean's blue. In the guest bath we have my photos again - a white swan and a black swan again with nice details closeups) in simple black frames.

I like that the photos are places we have been and that they are water-themed!

• francypants
    12 years ago

I have a teeny tiny powder room. We had a cabinetmaker design a built-in to store TP and a few other things. I like being able to put a few tall items on top of it. Have a big framed poster and that's about it.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

We have a "retro beach" look in the hall bath.

Beach print (have another beach-related print on other wall but no photos):

Wall plaques:

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You have all given me some great ideas and beautiful themed bathrooms - so unique other than just a picture! Though I really love the idea of personal pictures as well as water-themed pictures. As for the towel holder, I know I should have kept the matching hand towel holder I bought, I didn't think it would work.

Thanks for the ideas!

• msrose
    12 years ago

It may seem a little crazy, but this is the only picture I have in my bathroom so far. I love Bulldogs and I felt like it's so silly, it would make me smile every morning.

{{!gwi}}

• amykath
    12 years ago

Great baths!!

{{!gwi}}

• rafor
    12 years ago

The manbath:

Nuff said.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

I love seeing how differently everyone has decorated their bathrooms!

rafor--cool manbath! Here are some hall bathroom pics for you:

Here is a link that might be useful: cat_mom's hall bathroom

• rafor
    12 years ago

cat mom: could you show the white circular type backsplash behind the vanity in your master ? I can just see the edge of it in the previous pics you posted.

TIA

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

It's a White Thassos mosaic from Porcelanosa.

I linked it below for you rafor, but here are a few pics:

Here is a link that might be useful: cat_mom's finished MB link

• rafor
    12 years ago

That is so cool! Thanks for the pic. Really like the "unfinished" wandering edge.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Thanks! It really does "wander." The mosaic has a repeating "pattern" that isn't quite square/even, which made the tile guys really work at installing it.

(The split-face mosaic in the other bathroom drove them even crazier trying to get it to line up to their exacting standards!)

• susieq07
    12 years ago

Master bath:

potty room:

guest bath;

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So pretty catmom - thanks for keeping this post going I love all the ideas.