Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Lavender Walls in Master

jane__ny
14 years ago

Renting a townhouse which is nice but has pale, lavender walls. My bedding doesn't look right (silver sage). I need to hang a black-out curtain (or something) to block the sun which pours in the morning. I'm thinking white tabbed. But I wonder for my bed, what color looks good with lavender?

{{!gwi}}

Excuse the mess, we're still moving in:

Shot with different light

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Still haven't hung the mirror. Floors are dark cherry, very reddish.

Jane

Comments (12)

• angieshell
    14 years ago

I think black or gray would give it a classy look. Or you could always use a light green which will really compliment the red in the cherry flooring and match wonderful with the lavender.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you. Never thought of red. I just want to add a few accessories to make the room look pulled together. I don't know what to do with the bedding. I think red might be too much. I've never worked with this color before. I tend to think pink/lavender. Don't want pink in the master.

Jane

• ttodd
    14 years ago

I think that the green suggestion sounded great!

• patty_cakes
    14 years ago

Sage green and a deep Eggplant. ;o)

• dilly_dally
    14 years ago

If you can't change the wall color I would go with more muted purple or violette with a relaxing nature motif. Your furniture has clean lines and could look nice with Zen influenced bedding and curtains.

Of course you could bring in another color depending on other accessories in the room.

• leafy02
    14 years ago

I like olive green with lavender, and also mid-range and darker golds. When I was considering painting my bedroom purple, those are the colors I planned to use to move away from any pink/purple/Easter basket-ish color combos.

• sabigabatini
    14 years ago

I just painted my master bedroom a very pale warm lavender (Benjamin Moore Dreamy Cloud). I'm doing all white in the bedroom, but I like a spare, quiet palette. However, I did ponder other colors and if I were to incorporate them, what would be beautiful to me are navy, coral and chocolate brown. I also think lavender can be easily glammed up if you like that - use lots of chrome, mirrored furniture, and lucite or crystal items. Brocade patterns and fancy moldings/chair rails. That kind of thing.

• gwbr54
    14 years ago

I love lavender walls for a bedroom - it's like sunset reflections all the time. I'd do crisp white sheets, maybe with a white-on-white pattern, and add dark charcoal or olive accents. It could be a very sophisticated look.

b-t-w, is this the apartment with the Asian architectural elements?

• susanilz5
    14 years ago

I think lavendar looks great with a sage green, butter yellow and a darker purple.

• jane__ny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just can't visualize these colors. I'm totally lost dealing with this color. I don't want an 'easter egg' look and I want it to look 'adult.' I can't change the color. It is very pale and a BM color but the owner doesn't remember. The shams and coverlett on my bed are silver sage, but it looks blaaah.

The windows have the wood molding, and I'm thinking a tabbed black-out panel in white. Any other suggestions? I see JCPenney is having a sale on curtains.

gwbr, yes, this is the Asian style townhouse. We're finding it quite unique since moving in.

Dally, it is serene and totally soundproof. That is the look I'm going for.

Where can I see colors together to get an idea of the suggestions? Is there a site where you can try colors together?

Jane

• Oakley
    14 years ago

Lavender and white is beautiful! I like the idea of white blackout curtains, and a white on white bedspread and sheets. Accessoring with white would look very nice. Some deep green would look good also. Green plants in white containers would be pretty.

I can't picture lavender with anything but white though, so I'd have to see pictures of rooms using lavender with other colors.

• Pat z6 MI
    14 years ago

Silver-sage is my favorite color. Be me, I'd get more silver-sage for the windows and patio door because I think the more silver-sage you put in that room, the more the lavender disappears. I actually like that lavender color on those walls. I would add one lavender pillow on that bed. Barbara Barry (the MOST elegant decorator/designer) has silver and light sage bedding on Macy's web, and at only selected Macy's stores. Maybe on other sites also. You could buy her sheets and have them made into lined drapes. And there is a website to play with colors, I just can't think of it right now.
    Pat