|I just love french white porcelain, and am seriously considering buying some new dinnerware in white. Right now, I have a lot of Spode blueware which would look great mixed with the white porcelain, since the white in my Spode is a "cool" white. |
I'm considering the "Eclectique" or ""Basketweave" at William Sonoma. The "Basketweave" is quite transitional, imo, and would work well in a variety of settings. I'm just wondering how hard the "weave" is to clean. :)
|Are those by Pillivuyt? I love white dishes for everyday. The basket weave is very nice; what style is your home/kitchen? |
I wish I could find a good source for Pillivuyt. I have these wonderful white porcelain mussel shells from them, bought in Paris, that I can not find anywhere on line.
Pillivuyt USA Inc.
180 George Street, #104
Excelsior, Minnesota 55331
Phone: +1 952-474-4016
Fax: +1 952-474-4492
Professionnels de la Restauration / Catering
Or, you may have to write to Paris, but I have had luck doing this with other France-based kitchen related companies.
Here is a link that might be useful: Pillivuyt
This post was edited by kitchendetective on Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 14:23
|No, I do not have the Pillivuyt, but I responded a bit on your Mikasa thread.|
|I have a set of Pillivuyt, They are the simple white ones with no border or pattern. I really love their weight and they have held up beautifully. I was able to get a pretty good discount at WS, and It worked out better to buy the pieces individually as opposed to buying the set for some reason.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here