Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharo_gw

Frustration with thomasville order for coffee table

sharo
10 years ago

Just a little vent here.
I ordered and paid for a coffee table from Thomasville in September 2013 and still don't have it. I called the store yesterday and was told that it won't be shipped till May. They keep pushing the due date back 2 months.
I may cancel but don't have time to shop.

Any one else going through a similar situation?

http://m.thomasville.com/Furniture/All-Furniture/Reinventions/i325799-Litho-Cocktail-Table/

Comments (7)

• stolenidentity
    10 years ago

You paid for it already?? Unpay for it for right now for cryin' out loud. I know that is no real help but between now and May you can certainly find something else, even if it is on line.

• deeinohio
    10 years ago

Sometimes a delay like this is an indication a store is about to go under...using new order payments to fulfill other customer's outstanding orders.

I would be calling Thomasville to find out if they or the seller is responsible for the delay.

You've waited long enough to have a custom wood piece made by a craftsman. Something is amiss...

• crl_
    10 years ago

How frustrating! I'd cancel just to protest the bad service.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kind of similar table at Ethan Allen

• sharo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all. I'll stop dragging my heels and cancel tomorrow.
    I especially like the link to the EA table.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Sharo, if they give you a hard time in refunding your money, call your credit card company.

I like EA, but they are sooo over priced.

I'm in the market for a coffee table too, and I think Wayfair has the best selection and prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffee Tables

• sallymo2015
    10 years ago

It could be that the store you purchased the table through is just as frustrated as you with the backorder. I know as a shop owner, it's quite embarrassing to place and order and tell the customer the expected arrival time, only to have it change----and more than once! If it's not produced in their factory in the US, then it probably is coming from overseas (most likely). Many companies get their smaller items elsewhere. I do know that Thomasville is/was involved with a larger company that filed chapter 11 last year. I don't think they are closing, but probably in the middle of revamping and they may decide to not carry as many pieces as previous, or who knows what might be the reason! Your local store can probably cancel the order and maybe find a similar coffee table through another vendor.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

The Thomasville franchise (?) or company store near Tampa closed a few years ago.

The Ethan Allen store that is within a mile of it seems to still be going strong.

ML