|I am searching for a new LR sofa and chair. I think it was you who has the H&M tuxedo leather sofa. I think that is the one I'm leaning towards. What chairs do you have with it? I have a Leathercraft sofa and 2 leather recliners in the FR, so I don't want leather chairs in the LR also. I'd love to know what you have.|
|Hi! It's not me who has the Tuxedo sofa. Mine is the Kent Chesterfield and I got it from Craigslist. This is the best pic I have of it, taken just after the eBay coffee table arrived. The two chairs that I have in there were bought for a sofa that is now in my basement; (shown in the second pic below) one is leather and the other is a Dan Carithers by Sherrill. What ties everything together IMO in the room is the rug, since the H&M sofa was an unplanned purchase that I just HAD to have. |
This is embarrassing, but the best pic I have of the leather chair. The pic will be 5 years old this Thursday! The other chair is impossible to photograph and have the colors come through but it's a tiny woven grayish blue and tan check which is perfect with the lighter blues in the rug. Many changes have been made since this pic was taken.
Oops - just found this attempt of trying to capture the chair colors correctly. It didn't happen.
|Thanks, my 3 dogs. That is the sofa I was thinking of. Wish I could find one on Craigslist but all we seem to have is junk. Thanks for the idea about a rug|
|I wish you luck! It is a wonderful sofa that can withstand anything my dogs do to it, including wrestling. That protected leather is like iron. |
I am in Maine, and got this in NH, from a couple who were moving to Switzerland and selling the contents of their home. I only offered $1000, and after they didn't get what they hoped for, they emailed me weeks later and said that they knew how much I liked it, and it was mine. A friend and I drove down with his trailer and hauled it back!
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here