Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caramia_gw

Duron Tobacco Road ~What looks good with it?

caramia
15 years ago

I think I have the formula for Tobacco Road and really like it! I am planning to paint most of my 1st floor with it. I need something for my LR tht looks really good with it. The room is an empty slate. All that;s staying in there is a white sofa and a piano. Any suggestions? I'm open to anything! (well most anything!)

Comments (15)

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

That's a great question especially since I'm planning to do TR, too!!!! If you find a good color, let me know :)

• caramia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eliza, where are you having yours mixed? I'm a bit confused about the formula. I had a sample made a sw and it was very yellow. Did the same at Lowes and it had more brown in it (I liked this one better).

• pumpkin_spice
    15 years ago

Are you sure it's Duron Tobacco Road, and not some other company's?

I have TR throughout my main living area, and I find it looks good with what I call "Tuscan" colors: warm reds, olive greens, browns, golds.

• caramia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pumpkin, do you still have the can? If so could you post the formula because I want the original TR. I saw it in a friends house and loved it!

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

I got a sample quart mixed at SW, and it definitely has a goldish tint to it. I've heard that depending on what store you get it mixed it, it looks different, which SHOULD NOT BE! Wish I had the "original", although I really like the SW color I have. It will match my master bedding very well! #6 on this picture is my TR color (from SW). Does it look like yours?

{{!gwi}}

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

Pumpkin spice, do you think any of the browns I have posted above go with the TR? So far, looks like the consensus is "no". Just wondering since you have it in your home!

• pumpkin_spice
    15 years ago

I have the formula from the quart sample but not the gallon. I don't know how it translates from quart to gallon. :)

Here's how it looks on my wall. It definitely looks goldish, but not too yellow. Like a goldish tan, I guess.

• eliza_824
    15 years ago

Caramia, that's my exact formula-- the one that pumpkin has.

• caramia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's the one the SW gave me. The one from Lowes had something else in it. I'll have to go look and see.

Here's what mine looks like. This is the sample painted on a piece of posterboard.

• anotherlinda
    15 years ago

According to the author of my favorite blog, Nesting Place, the only color that doesn't go with TR is pink!

Also note a link to the gardenweb forums with a thread on TR, including a rec for trim color.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg1121104612799.html

It's a beautiful wall color - now you all got me wanting to do a couple of rooms in TR

Here is a link that might be useful: Nester's entry re: Tobacco Road

• msrose
    15 years ago

eliza - You should post your new color sample picture on the post you have going. It looks alot different than the original ones you posted. If this one is more accurate, I like 1, 4, and 7. 3 and 5 still look too cool to go with TB.

Laurie

• caramia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have to pick out a paint color today for my LR! I guess it's back out to SW and BM. Maybe I'll look at some blues.

• harriethomeowner
    15 years ago

Don't know if this is any help, but here's a picture from the house we sold a couple of years ago, with the attic room painted with TR and staged as a bedroom:

(We didn't choose any of the colors -- the real estate agent did everything. But it looked very nice.)

• ttodd
    15 years ago

I agree w/ MsRose about 1, 4 & 7.

May I please point out what lovely selections you have made to choose from. I may have to save it for future Oooohing & Aaahing.

• stellar1
    15 years ago

Timely thread:) I just got a sample quart of this mixed too. I asked for the Duron Forumla of Tobacco Road at Sherwin Williams. Here is mine painted on Poster Board. Very warm, pretty color!

And the formula, which looks the same as already posted: