Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanborn5_gw

Anyone have pictures of wainscoting or patio trellis?

sanborn5
16 years ago

Now I have heard everything!! MY DH actually asked me to post on the garden web to see if I could get pictures of the above. We are finishing his home office with an oak built in desk and bookcase area. He needs some good ideas on wainscoting for the walls. We have pained a beautiful behr/ reddish brown color for the top of the room. We are also doing an outside patio with a trellis that will extend from the house to a stone wall. If any of you have pictures of both or either that would be great!

Comments (20)

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Sounds like it will be beautiful!

Here's some shots of wainscotting (some may be pics of GW members' homes, sorry):

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• brutuses
    16 years ago

oceanna, looks like we need another thread on the gallery side for wainscoting.

• oceanna
    16 years ago

hehehe

Problem is that there aren't many "slots" on the first page over there and they're rapidly being taken up by RIT (really important threads). Then people post stuff in the wrong place over there and all the RIT need to get bumped. I was told that somewhere around 150 posts they will seal and drift away forever. I'm sure not doing mine twice.

• lorriekay
    16 years ago

they all look so nice

• oceanna
    16 years ago

I love wainscoting. :)

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Here is a site I look ay all the time. It is not exactly what you are looking for but it gives you an idea of different trellis styles.

And here is my wainscotting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trellis

• lyfia
    16 years ago

Yahoo images of paneling

What do you mean by patio trellis? Do you mean to shield the sides or are you talking about a pergola for above?

• sanborn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have never heard of a pergola before, but that is exactly what I meant. I just always have called it a trellis with a roof. My parents had one when I was growing up with grape vines running all around it. So now I guess I need to ask does any one have any pergola pictures? And thanks for all the wainscoting pictures, my DH actually liked several of them. Have I mentioned I love this forum??

• spy10021
    16 years ago

Obviously, my images didn't work above.

Can anyone help me with how to insert images into the body of my reply? :(

I read the help section of Gardenweb top to bottom, but it was of no help at all.

Any advice is much appreciated!! Thanks.

• annzgw
    16 years ago

spy,
    I don't think flickr.com allows direct links. I tried........didn't work.
    Love your kitchen! Mind if I ask where you got the shield/disk of the hog?

• donnar57
    16 years ago

My photos are on Tripod, which doesn't allow direct links into the messages here. But if you click on the link below, here's a type of wainscoting that we just put in our family room this past summer. If you need a close up view, check out page 8 of the photo album when you're there - it's taken before the carpeting and the first furniture went in, but it might be a better view.

DonnaR/CA

Here is a link that might be useful: Donna's completed wainscoting

• spy10021
    16 years ago

Annz - thanks for the heads up about Flikr.
    The plaque of the hog's head is from Ballards (although I believe it's sold out).

• hgerman
    16 years ago

This Website also has some great pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wainscoting

• acountryfarm
    16 years ago

Here is our wainscot.
    Just a funny side note. When we got the bid back from finish carpenter it read like this:

"Finish to include all trim and Wayne's Coating".

We had a few very good laughs over that one

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Wayne's Coating -- hahaha! I never can spell this word without looking it up -- but at least I knew Wayne had nothing to do with it. :)

Your room looks just wonderful. I hope you'll post more pics when the room is all put together.

• travisandjill
    16 years ago

kitchen kelly:

What color id your bathroom wall? its gorgeous!

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Thanks travisandjill. It is Almond by Devine Color. It is at 50% because the swatch looked too dark and I am a wuss. I do like the way it turned out.

• native_tx
    16 years ago

Here's another style. I don't think this is strictly called "wainscoting" under the windows, but the style could be adapted to cover a wall.

{{!gwi}}