Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsice

Help with family room furniture arrangement

Elise Navarro
10 years ago

Our kitchen is open to our family room which has a corner fireplace. I have been rearranging our furniture since we moved in over a year ago. My dilemma is that I would really like to see our fireplace because I think it is a focal point in the room and is pretty and obviously can't be moved. The TV is where all the outlets are for cable/music system so that would be hard to move and that is the location my husband wants for it. I feel rather stuck on what to do. The best feel layout is having the sofa along the left wall with the love seat perpendicular to mimic a sectional but I feel like we are blocking off the fireplace too much. New furniture is on our list of wants just haven't settled on what we want and when to spend the money. Our couches are not that old and we I would really like to try to make it work with them for now. Although I know they may be to bulky for the space. We are open to a sectional and/or a recliner, and actually I had debated the idea of just a love seat and 2 comfy chairs. Also to note I do not like the idea of the couch on the window side because I don't want the windows blocked by it. Yesterday I moved it all around again and put the love seat I'm between the windows and the couch coming out perpendicular like a sectional but angled and although that works for TV viewing and allowing sight to the fireplace I feel like the long wall looks too empty.
I'm going to see if I have any other pics to add to show other layouts also.
Sorry for such a long post! And thank you in advance for any suggestions and ideas.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH