Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stargirl_gw

Decorating With Dog Prints

stargirl
12 years ago

Does anyone decorate their walls with dog prints, or have pictures of English Country or cottage decor, in which dog prints are used? I remember Catknapp using dog prints in her living room, interspersed with other objects. She was a great at accessorizing and creating beautiful vignettes. Did any of you save her pictures and would be willing to share? Thanks!

Comments (14)

• anele_gw
    12 years ago

I think Chjim (I am spelling that wrong!) has some, too!

• luckygal
    12 years ago

A few pics on this site...

"Artistic Dog Room"

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    12 years ago

I have a few...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• User
    12 years ago

Here's mine:

Checkout the link as well to see a home that was featured.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Old Painter Cottage

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

chijim - Oh my goodness, I love your dog pictures especially the Westie ones..

• marcolo
    12 years ago

I opened this thread because I thought you were asking about paw-painting your walls. Whoa.

• stargirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

THANKS SO MUCH, EVERYONE!!! Chijim, that is magnificent! Do you have doggies throughout your home, or just in this one room? I'd love to see how you've decorated other areas of your beautiful home, if you don't mind sharing. Marcolo....I see how you might think that I was asking about paw-painting! LOL

• ellendi
    12 years ago

I did too marcolo!

• fleamistress
    9 years ago

Hello. I joined this place just to ask you WHAT color have you on those walls? I must know. BTW, it reminds me of what I call Frick Museum Rose but I am unable to locate it in paint chips. I'd so appreciate it if you would reply. :)

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh my! Chijim, I just love your dog prints. I have a few cat prints. I don't know how it even happened that I have them but realized when I was starting a refresh that I have more cat art than anything else. I love how you used all sizes but kept all the frames gold to pull it all together.

I have been looking for equestrian art because I have always loved it but still seem to be drawn to cat art. Maybe I should rethink things and go catty!

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

my3dogs has a few dog prints also (on the walls and probably on the floors...haha).

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Oh gosh, here I go again, commenting on an old post. Geesh, you would think I would learn to check the dates.

• PRO
    Wendy Hoechstetter
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

@musicteacher, LOL! I once had cats, so I hear you about the shedding!

You can completely change the look of your furniture and even your floors (especially if they are carpeted or you have area rugs) by just never, ever vacuuming it up. Voila - new "upholstery" without the expense! LOL! (Just kidding, of course.)

On the wild off chance that you might actually want to try something creative with it (or someone else reading this thread might), maybe you could find a way to make art with it! Glue it onto something, felt it; I have no idea what might work, if anything. A lot depends on what breed(s) you have and thus the length, texture, and other characteristics of the fur.

Or, heck, just never vacuum it up from anywhere. You'll have completely "new" upholstery and rugs in no time at all!

I have poodles, in no small part so I don't have to deal with shedding. Although I've never tried it myself, I've known other poodle people who have saved their dogs' hair when they were groomed until they had enough to spin it into yarn, and then knitted or crocheted things with it. Poodles have actual hair like we do, though, not fur like most other breeds. That means it will grow a lot longer, so it is easier to manipulate to fabricate something out of it; and it will never be greasy or stink like dog.